• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

End of year money:

Welder Dave

People don't generally associate New Holland with construction equipment is part of the problem. Balers, combines and bale wagons is where people think of New Holland. They have NH ag tractors that I think are lower cost than comparable Case tractors but don't know they compare or how owners rate them. A company that looks after a section of highway here (mowing and snow removal) have a few NH tractors and also a couple JD's. The bat wing mowers all seem to be JD but it would be interesting to know how they like the NH tractors.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
That commonality started with the Alpha series CASE and the 200 series NH (2011) Everything prior to that is different. I should have stated that.
My Case 580 Super N is 2014. I've had experience with numerous models of Case 580. My only experience with New Holland backhoe is somewhere early century 2003-2008, its owner isn't too sure its age. They are different in so many ways.
I can't speak of two built same year.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
People don't generally associate New Holland with construction equipment is part of the problem. Balers, combines and bale wagons is where people think of New Holland. They have NH ag tractors that I think are lower cost than comparable Case tractors but don't know they compare or how owners rate them. A company that looks after a section of highway here (mowing and snow removal) have a few NH tractors and also a couple JD's. The bat wing mowers all seem to be JD but it would be interesting to know how they like the NH tractors.
Friends have a small family excavating business. They rarely buy a new machine, and they are very brand loyal.
Ford everything, International, then Dresser bulldozers & loaders. As Ford dropped out of backhoes, they went to New Holland. Newest tandem dump truck is a Sterling bought new in the early 1990s. Excavators have all been BIG 20-40 ton Case, until recently a near new mini. Only CTL is a New Holland. They are delighted with New Holland construction equipment.

63 caveman

They are the same models as the equivalent Case, just in different colors. The skid steers are true Case machines and are quite good, mini ex not so much. They are made by Hyundai and are nothing to write home about. I rented that exact same machine in the Case version last year, CX57c I believe, and it was so bad I took it back within 30min. Thing wouldn’t pull a greasy string of of cats a$$. Bucket breakout was less than my 3.5t Kubota and it didn’t have auto downshift on the tracks, so any slight hill or turn you had to stop and shift the tracks to low. Cab was pretty crude and rattled a lot, I think it only had 100-200hrs on it IIRC.
To be fair some rental companies will lower relief pressures to try and keep idiots from destroying their equipment.

But i do agree with you I'm not a fan of case mini excavators.

63 caveman

Friends have a small family excavating business. They rarely buy a new machine, and they are very brand loyal.
Ford everything, International, then Dresser bulldozers & loaders. As Ford dropped out of backhoes, they went to New Holland. Newest tandem dump truck is a Sterling bought new in the early 1990s. Excavators have all been BIG 20-40 ton Case, until recently a near new mini. Only CTL is a New Holland. They are delighted with New Holland construction equipment.
If I'm not mistaken the "big 20-40 ton Case" excavators would be linkbelts.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If I'm not mistaken the "big 20-40 ton Case" excavators would be linkbelts.
Case and LinkBelt excavators are made by Sumitomo (much like JD's excavators are made by Hitachi). Sometimes the engines are the same as each other and sometimes they are different. The Case D series and LB X4 machines have the same Isuzu engine. The latest series the Case runs their own engine and LB runs the Isuzu.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I know that, I was just making a comparison that everyone is familiar with.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Case and LinkBelt excavators are made by Sumitomo (much like JD's excavators are made by Hitachi). Sometimes the engines are the same as each other and sometimes they are different. The Case D series and LB X4 machines have the same Isuzu engine. The latest series the Case runs their own engine and LB runs the Isuzu.
Mine has a Japanese three letter engine I've never heard of. Displacement far smaller than the Cummins B4 in the 580K, but 25 HP more. It isn't old enough to love it or hate it, but it has power, uses less fuel, & behaves well.

fiat41b

New Holland heavy equipment is on the bottom of the totem pole as far as popularity and dealer support. How often do you see a New Holland dozer on a jobsite or even in general? They don't measure up. Even the newer backhoes that were originally sourced from Ford don't measure up to the old Ford machines and are nowhere near as popular for good reason. As far as Fiat being number 3 in heavy equipment you're also including farm equipment. Can John Deere add their farm and turf equipment to the heavy equipment category too? Some New Holland equipment is good, some not so much. Their farm equipment is generally good. The actual heavy equipment like dozers is likely to never be very popular. Case is generally good equipment and on par with other name brands.
Fiat today is nothing in comparison to the Great Fiat-Allis that was located in Springfield Illinois they were at one time Caterpillars biggest COMPETITION\\\ then their light went out