• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

End Dump Pup operation

colson04

I guess Michigan must have a lot of straight roads. Or maybe the drive brings along a swamper to throw sand down to attempt any type of turn? If I saw a truck like that on the road, i'd swear some crackhead fabbed it up and no way was it actually run anywhere.

With all those axles down and loaded, I don't think that truck would even stay on the road on a corner on some highways here.

They get along and it's neither flat, nor straight where I'm from. Tires certainly scrub and wear fast. Not everyone runs the multi axle rigs. Around my area, you see a pretty even mix of tandem, triaxle and quad axle dump trucks running around, not pulling a pup. We have a lot of gravel pits all over the region so there isn't s big advantage to pulling a big pup or 11axle gravel train. The guys running the big gravel trains are usually large excavation contractors, or guys delivering raw products to concrete plants.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Pipe and Bridge neck tongue pups here get pup dumped, Jacked then Truck. IF in a tail spread is still done as TS had Noted.

JaredV

Not an end dump, but we run belly dump pups in the woods when the job allows, generally spreading crushed rock on mainlines. When possible while on the roll at 20 mph or however fast the road allows, put the PTO in gear without knocking out the clutch brake (easy once you think about the mechanics of it) start hoisting the box while finding a gear because you were in neutral, trip the gate, wait just so long, and trip the trailer. You can climb a steeper hill than you think when you forget which corner you're at and next thing you know you're climbing it with an empty truck and a trailer that's got most of a load. Or dump the trailer, wait just so long and trip the truck. I can spread a road and you'll be hard pressed to see where a load started and ended. Finding places to turn around is easier than an end dump pup because you just need a spot wide enough to back the truck into with the trailer either alongside the truck or parallel to the road pointing in the direction you'll go. It's faster to wrap the trailer around the truck in an intersection than to try to back it around the corner.

Attachments

• img_1_1667885584146.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 14