• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Emerald ash borer

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Hope cranes is the best spot for this question I am connecting the tree guys with cranes.
I was wondering what is done with infested ash trees when cut, to help slow down the spread of this devastating tree killer. Clasictruckman Ontario is just experiencing this in the last few years do you have any experience.

dbl612

Occupation
crane operator
in connecticut and mass. the chips must be brought to an approved disposal site.(usually a biofuel plant) where they are burned.

Delmer

In WI they quarantine the county so that no wood products can leave without certain steps. This gets relaxed as more counties are infested.

I'm not aware of any disposal requirements for infested trees.

shipman

Hey ctm with this cold winter the spread north will be slowed and maybe halted for a bit. Nothing like a -40 cold snap to keep the forests healthy eh!