• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Eimco

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Ive got a few pics of and Eimco overloader in some bushes near here. Good luck on the restoration. Ive been wanting to get that overloader out here if the man would sell it.

mlseel72409

Occupation
eimco mechanic
I'd like to see those pics too. If theres anybody out there that knows about eimco transmissions I would like to talk to them. Having trouble with pump pressure, but not converter pressure. Pump pressure is supposed to be 60psi and it's only at 15psi at full throttle. torque converter pressure is at 160, normal psi. Any ideas. And no, the pump isn't bad. It's been tested.

mackman

Eimco pump pressure

I am not sure if all the models are the same but mine will occasionaly get sluggish and you have to remove the round PTO cover plate on the rearend and inside is a sump screen that will pick up sludge you have to reach in and clean it out. If you need a photo I may be able to get one out of the shop manual. I don't know where the crap comes from in there but it will build up?

mlseel72409

Occupation
eimco mechanic
eimco trans

mackman, if you could send a pic that would really help. That internal screen we have is on the front of the trans on ours. We cleaned out the oil regulator, but she's still real real sluggish. Any tips would help. Thanks

Hjolli

I shot this Eimco in Iceland some years ago.

Originally a loader, they cut the sides of the bucket and used it as a dozer the rest of it´s life.
At least this one had an enclosed cab. The told me that at a time the machine ran out of fuel with the loader arms up, and the operator was practically stuck inside the beast (the doors being in the sides).

Attachments

• Eimco 1 copy.jpg
    Eimco 1 copy.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Eimco 2 copy.jpg
    Eimco 2 copy.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,386

JGamble

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator - USMC
Gents,

I am currently stuck on Camp Lejeune Nc. When I was in my old unit back in 2002, my Gunny told me I had to drive this old dozer to my shop so we could put her on a concrete slab as a monument for the engineers...ahh...that old EIMCO. Took me half a hour to start it, then I had a Marine sitting on the engine bay continuously sticking coolant and oil into the motor to get it to her final resting place. If I could get some more info on this great beast, I would be happy to share pics of her....I would love to tell this Gunny something he doesnt know....lol...

Kind Regards,
Sgt G

mackman

I would love to see some pics of the dozer. A fellow who lived near me had 18 of them at one time that is where most of them around here originated from. Before the old man passed away I bought some of the spare parts and had a copy of the manuel made which was a project because the guy at the print shop was affraid he would get in trouble duplicating government info. There is still one section I don't have that had to do with recall repairs that because of the wording he refused to copy. :pointhead The book has all kinds of cool info, my favorite section in the book is how to destroy it if it is in danger of being captured. It tells how to sink it, burn it and even where to place the charges and what size to use to blow it up! Back in the day some of the features on the eimco other than sitting on the front were at the time fairly new features to dozers for that time like modulated power shift transmissions, counter rotating tracks, and hyd tilt which still make them fairly easy to run. I have to post a page or two with some hyd info for another gentelman so I will try to post the page on how to blow it up. If you can get any history on your machine let me know.:notworthy

td25c

I would love to see some pics of the dozer. A fellow who lived near me had 18 of them at one time that is where most of them around here originated from. Before the old man passed away I bought some of the spare parts and had a copy of the manuel made which was a project because the guy at the print shop was affraid he would get in trouble duplicating government info. There is still one section I don't have that had to do with recall repairs that because of the wording he refused to copy. :pointhead The book has all kinds of cool info, my favorite section in the book is how to destroy it if it is in danger of being captured. It tells how to sink it, burn it and even where to place the charges and what size to use to blow it up! Back in the day some of the features on the eimco other than sitting on the front were at the time fairly new features to dozers for that time like modulated power shift transmissions, counter rotating tracks, and hyd tilt which still make them fairly easy to run. I have to post a page or two with some hyd info for another gentelman so I will try to post the page on how to blow it up. If you can get any history on your machine let me know.:notworthy
I have bought equipment from a man that had some eimco dozers.His shop was at centerpiont IN.He was very knowlegable about equipment.He pased away maybe 5 or 6 years ago.I miss talking to him.He was from the old school.

Last edited:

td25c

That makes sense.I dident know what an Eimco was till I met him.He always had alot of interesting equipment in his inventory.And was always helpfull about finding parts.Good luck with the eimco project mackman.

mlseel72409

Occupation
eimco mechanic
I have that manuel too. If you want I can print some out for you, and by the way, is there any way to get ahold of any more parts?

JGamble

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator - USMC
Camp Lejeune NC, McHugh Blvd, front of FC-200. PM me if you would like a tour, I can give you my number and talk....

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Mackman how's the old girl coming along? Hope it going good for you.

mlseel72409

Occupation
eimco mechanic
Yeah that would be great to talk to you. Is there anyway we can get a few pics of that old dozer? We have 3 of those old m-64s out here. 2 are just parts and the other one has the engine out on account of it lost a cylinder.

VFW_HAL

MACKMAN - If you don't already you are going to love that little dozer. Keep us posted on your progress and problems. I love mine and if I figure it out will post a picture. Presently rebuilding a track tensoning cylnder and it it stops raining I'll go take a picture.

Attachments

• ranch frank.jpg
    ranch frank.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,222

mackman

I bought two more dozers. Mommy isn't real proud.:mad:It will be ok.:)I have one home. I will try and get some photos posted. The other is up north probably won't go after it till spring. It is pretty well a parts machine. I have been tied up I will try and get those tentioner pages posted from my books. I don't have part numbers just an exploded view of the parts.