• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ed's 77 Terex 72-41

56wrench

Its the old GM parts system. They use group numbers in the illustrations and then you go to the sequential group numbers in the text and from there read and figure out what you’re after based on their description and terminology. You really have to use your imagination. Different manufacturers may have used different names for the same type of part ie. GM, Ford and Dodge to name a few

mountainguyed67

I would like to have a tachometer, the air compressor and hydraulic pump take up the other two possible locations. I found one that would go opposite the blower drive. What would I need to drive it? I found one, but don’t know which type it’s for. 5155861.

The screenshots won’t load here, file too large.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not real sure what you're looking for but if this engine is the original engine is there a tag on the valve cover? I think the type numbers should be there.

If there is the tag on the valve cover maybe post the information there and I may have a parts book that will be of some help. Forget is this a Inline 71 or V71? I'm thinking it might be a 4-71 inline?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I think one of the "problems" is those old Detroit's were adapted to just about every and any application that required something needing turning short of an airplane! And I would not be surprised to hear someone gave that a try!

There are many ways they can be configured and each configuration needs some different parts from the next one. This is why having the original tag off the valve cover is so important, it will give the "Type" numbers that are most critical for that particular build application.

Unfortunately I did not think to grab the inline 71 parts books when I retired from the quarry back in 2015.

HATCHEQUIP

K he swapped another engine in that loader and i dont remember for sure but it might now be turboed also , "short of an airplane" just as long as ya put um on the wings aint nothin worse than oil on the windshield.