• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Easy, fast and safe solution for excavator transportation - Sleipner.

TTSl

Sleipner_logo.jpg

Could you make better use with the time spent in excavator transportation?

Do you think undercarriage wears out too often?

With Sleipner system you can increase machine utilization by cutting the transit times of an excavator by as much as 85 %. Time savings lead directly to increased production.

No more driving on tracks. Walking the excavators causes massive wear to the undercarriage. With Sleipner, the undercarriage life is doubled or even tripled! This greatly reduces the maintenance and repair cost during excavator life.

Our product range currently covers transportation systems for excavators from 30 to 550 metric tonnes.

See Sleipner in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3x-vw5w8bo

Visit our website at www.sleipner.fi or contact us directly by sending email to sleipner@sleipner.fi so we can together find a solution how to improve your business potential.

E400 sivukuva.jpg

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
If you were worried about undercarriage wear, you wouldn't have bought a Komatsu in the first place. :D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums TTSI!:drinkup

Take a moment and look at the Forum rules. This is an excerpt concerning Products and Services -

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

This thread is your "freebie".

BTW - that's a pretty ingenious product.:)

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Whoever started that company had too much lego... as do I ;)
I've been doing that for years though....:tong:tong:tong:tong
Excavator movement.JPG

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
A pic of our Sleipner setup moving a Hitachi EX3600

Just noticed - 1,000 posts. Each and every one of them full of shining wit, or was that whining sh*t....?

Congrats Nige on the 1K'th post!:drinkup However I would say it would lean more to the secondary...:tong:D

JK...btw;)

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
scrub puller, i take it you didnt watch the youtube clip... You all need to make them for smaller machines as well, like down to the 200 class.

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
Have a look at their web site as well as the video. They make them for 50 ton too 550 ton.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Yair . . . How long does it take to fit the wheels and how many blokes and what gear do you need?

Just curious.

Cheers.
Answer to your question. The excavator operator does it all. The wheel units have lifting points on them that he can pick up using a bucket tooth. He sets the units in position and then walks into them, then swings the upper frame round so the wheels are at the rear. After that all he needs is a truck with a bit of soft material in the bed.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I think the really neat thing about the Sleipners is that the excavator/shovel operator can steer them (using the machine swing function) a bit like steering the back end of a lowboy with a steerable rear bogie. In that way the excavator tracks the vehicle that is towing it pretty much dead on. You can see it right at the end of the video.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Cat287B I have a dodgy wireless computer connection. It's just a little USB stick and gives me 2Gigabytes on a $30.00 a month plan with big costs if I go over.

We are in a "black spot" even need a dish to get TV.

Cheers.

abdul k

Occupation
Technical Consultant
Yair . . . Cat287B I have a dodgy wireless computer connection. It's just a little USB stick and gives me 2Gigabytes on a $30.00 a month plan with big costs if I go over.

We are in a "black spot" even need a dish to get TV.

Cheers.

Welcome to Australian telecommunications ! our providers provide only the best, latest and the fastest ....:mad: wait till we get NBN, $180 a month
thanks for coming :bash .......

TTSl

Answer to your question. The excavator operator does it all. The wheel units have lifting points on them that he can pick up using a bucket tooth. He sets the units in position and then walks into them, then swings the upper frame round so the wheels are at the rear. After that all he needs is a truck with a bit of soft material in the bed.

Also note, that if the Sleipner units remain in the same place nearby the working excavator between transports (as the process is designed to), the excavator operator only needs to walk the excavator back on the Sleipner units to begin next transport operation. No set-up times, no manual work and nobody needs to exit their cabins.

MBTRAC

By the looks of the "squat" on the Truck rear end/tyres, the axle. suspension &/or tyre loadings are being pushed to or past their limits.....& possible shock loading on the truck body/mounts/suspension may prove ti have interesting "impacts" over time.