• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump with power up/down versus power up / gravity down

RenoHuskerDu

Are there advantages to having gravity down? I know that if you power down with a few tons still in there, your hydraulic oil will get blasted out the reservoir cap.

Tyler d4c

Just because you have power down dont mean you have to use it gravity with a aluminum box means when it's cold is it isn't coming down again.

RenoHuskerDu

So if it's cold and aluminum box the sucker gets stuck up there? I live in Texas but winters get to teens sometimes.

Tyler d4c

So if it's cold and aluminum box the sucker gets stuck up there? I live in Texas but winters get to teens sometimes.
I'm not saying with a aluminum bed wI'll one truck we had need a pull rope put on it. Our new truck has power down most of the time we just ler it coast down