• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump truck to tractor quick connect

Wpeak

I'm looking for info to set my dump truck with a quick connect system to take the dump body off and have use of fifth wheel. Anyone know who does this? Any info would be great!

Ryanrb25

I've done it a couple of times with various trucks....best things to use are those over-centre quick release clamps. Requires you to bolt the main hinge part to the Chassis and weld the TAB onto the subframe of the body. But in my opinion the quickest and easiest way of removing a body. Saves unbolting brackets etc. Also if the truck you are using has Airbags, we fitted a set of removable legs to the tipper body. This allows you to unclip the body, Throw the legs in, drop the bags and drive on out! Obviously fitting a quick release hydraulic fitting on the outside of the tipper near the cab is a good idea and also quick release fittings for the pneumatics for the tailgate etc.

05rammer

Ryanrb25 do you have pics of that set up you are talking about? It sounds like an awesome set up.

Wpeak

I've done it a couple of times with various trucks....best things to use are those over-centre quick release clamps. Requires you to bolt the main hinge part to the Chassis and weld the TAB onto the subframe of the body. But in my opinion the quickest and easiest way of removing a body. Saves unbolting brackets etc. Also if the truck you are using has Airbags, we fitted a set of removable legs to the tipper body. This allows you to unclip the body, Throw the legs in, drop the bags and drive on out! Obviously fitting a quick release hydraulic fitting on the outside of the tipper near the cab is a good idea and also quick release fittings for the pneumatics for the tailgate etc.

Could you post some pics of the quick release clamps? Thanks

Ryanrb25

IMG_7481.JPGIMG_7482.JPG

If you can imagine the bolt on flange is bolted to the Chassis of the truck on the front and rear of each side and the Black TAB looking thing is welded to the subframe of the Tipper/Tray/Tank or whatever your attachment may be. The Clamp goes over the top of the tab and you push it down so it over-centre locks (with a bit of preload)

Ryanrb25

Ill see if i can find a few pics on the truck...it's fairly popular over here in Australia. I purchase them at a local Truck body manufacturer who build trailers, bodies etc.