• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump pump air switch

rockdog

Mitch, the truck came from the city I bought it from with a two hose setup. It is 48 years old and had the original pump on it. I took the cylinder to the local hydraulic shop and he laughed when I told him I wanted them to reseal the pump because it leaked. He said the pump was from the 50's (they must have put the dump set up on the 70 from another truck) He said buy a new pump, because we can't get parts for that. The dump worked but the cylinder leaked and the pump. It was set up as a two line, so that's how I redid it. It had lived for 48 years that way. Not sure how, with the way you describe the downfall of that setup. I think I am going to buy a Buyers air valve, #K85F Would this be a better way to go? I'm not sure what the non return means though.