• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Duetz powered Bobcat

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi everyone. So our Bobcat 863 turbo blew up the other day. Spun a rod bearing on th crank after over heating. My problem is that I can't figure out where the oil went. The motor ate over 2 gallons over oil after I filled it up to get it back to my shop. I just want to pick someone's ear about common problems with the Duetz Motor in the bobcat. Turbo seems good and so does the head gasket. Any other issues with this motor eating oil?

Thanks everyone

Any help is appreciated

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have an engine out there running, customer does not want to pull it apart right now, with some damage to one cylinder visible through the intake valve.

Other than a relatively light knock, it is running great, not smoking, etc. but it sure eats a lot of oil. I hope he does not let it run down and cook something else before it gets fixed.