• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Drive Tumblers Insley H560B

pjflyer

Hi all, new here. Buying a used excavator.

I'm looking for two drive tumblers for an Insley H560B excavator. I've learned that the same undercarriage was used on M series cable crane.

I've contacted WC Sales in IL and he didn't have any. I have a possible lead of a place in CA that might carry these, but I don't have the number yet.

If anyone has any info or has some used tumblers in fair condition I would be interested. The machine is located in MI.

I've also been told that you can do metal work and welding to build the old ones back up.

Any and all input is welcom. :confused:
Thanks

pjflyer

Update. WC Sales seems to be on the outs. I have talked to the guy, but he is getting out of the business. Has a few parts, but not easy to get a hold of him. Ended up welding and building the old ones up. Now looking for track shoes.

CasIns

Any luck tacking down Insley parts? I just bought an old Insley excavator and also need some stuff. Thanks

pjflyer

Good luck with that!! I think it might depend on what series you have. So far I haven't had much luck. I need to check out a few other leads I have.

What did you buy?

I can't complain about the 560. We've put 40 hours on in and no break downs (other than the chain falling off a few times). Still need to locate some track shoes so we can get the correct adjustment on both the chains and the tracks.

CasIns

The decals on mine say HC-560. It's hard to find any information on it, so right now I just need the basics. I'd like to get the manuals for the machine and new filters. I've tried contacting WC sales, but I can't get through. How did you manage to reach him?

pjflyer

Howdy, I ended up sending a fax to the main number and he called me back. I don't have his number with me. I'm in Michigan visiting family for two weeks. When I did talk to him he indicated he was getting out of the parts business due to slow business. Probably not many of these working these days. He did say he had some parts left and to contact him if I needed anything and he would check. I last spoke with him several weeks ago about some track shoes and haven't heard back. I have a parts manual, the person I bought it from had it.

CasIns

I sent him a fax, hopefully he'll get back to me.

Does your machine have a 4-71 detroit? Mine completely shredded the water pump/generator belt and I need some sort of part number or dimensions to get a replacement. I'm probably going to resort to measuring it with string at this point, but if you can take a look in your parts manual when you get back to town I would appreciate it. Thanks.

pjflyer

I think it's a 4-51, but not sure. I do know my manual doesn't cover anything about the engine itself. I think just external things like radiator, wiring, and exhaust. I think you should be able to find parts for the detroit somewhere on line or equiptment supplier.

I'm still looking for some track shoes. It needed to be repinned, we decided to do one track at a time, and it was a good thing. One of the previous owners must have removed track shoes as it wore, so when we repinned it, it was too short!! We were able to take a shoe from the other side, but need to find more so we can repin the other side. Plus we have very little adjustment available.

CasIns

Here's some pics of my old girl.
DSC00906.JPG

DSC00911.JPG

DSC00910.JPG

DSC00918.JPG

InsleyGuy

For machine parts try ACR Equipment in Ohio. Engine parts should be readily available. The detroit 71 series engines are still pretty common. Tom

pjflyer

Pics look strikingly familiar. Ours is a bit different, I'll try to get some pics on. Probably not until the end of the week though.

I will say they seem to be pretty stout. We've used ours quite a bit and it's still going strong. Needs some tlc here and there, but I guess they were built in a time when quality meant something and they were built to last!!

Thanks Tom, I'll try looking them up.

CasIns

Yeah, they definitely seem like well-built machines. Mine needs some work before I want to run it, and I'm deep into another project at the moment. But hopefully soon she will be digging again.

Also I was wrong it has a 4-53 detroit in it, not a 4-71.

pjflyer

So far no luck on what I need. They do have Insley track shoes, just not the 18" that I need. I'm also trying Gerharts. They both said there might be something in the field, but haven't come accross one yet. I had someone tell me that an M-series crane has the same undercarriage, so I'm checking that option also. Still checking when I have some free time of other yards that might have some.

We finished what we were doing, so not a big hurry right now. Also having an issue with the tracks, I posted it on the excavator section. Seems most of these have been scrapped.

CasIns

From what I've heard Insley was well known for cranes so it would make sense they would use the same undercarriage in excavators and cranes. I've also seen the diggers mounted on truck bottoms, which was called the HT-560. Pretty cool stuff.

I've got the 24" track pads so maybe ACR can help me if I ever get around to ri-pinning my tracks.

CasIns

Hey pjflyer how much power does your boom have? The boom on my machine can't pick the machine off the ground but I'm not sure if something is wrong or if thats normal. My dipper and bucket have more power. Thanks

pjflyer

I've done it with the stick at a 90 degree angle, but haven't tried it fully extended. Mine has no problem lifting it up. Somethings up. I haven't taken a long look to see what is on each pump, but I'd look to see what each pump controls and go from there. Could be a weak hydraulic pump or a clog somewhere. Not enough experience with these to know.

CasIns

Hey pjflyer, did you ever have luck tracking down Insley parts? My swing tranny has been making nasty noises and vibrations and I think its about to grenade. I've gotten her running a lot stronger and I don't want to scrap her at this point. Thanks for the help.