• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dressta/Dresser/International....Thoughts?

FWD

I would say around 30,000 to 32000 lbs with a straight or Semi U dozer and a ROPS canopy. I have a 1978 TD15-C and it's around 32,000.
FWD

Maddox

Td15

Thanks for the info. I'm in the market for a dozer and I have never owned one. I have ran several but not a TD. Are there worth having? Alot of problems?

FWD

One of the biggest things with a crawler is undercarriage. It can drain you financially in a hurry. Everybody sees the pads first, that's one of the least concerns. You would need someone with you who is knowledgeable with crawlers.
If the Td-15 you are looking at is a 1970, then it would be a TD15-B. I understand they were a pretty good machine. If it runs and steers well and transmission is okay, that's the biggest items along with the undercarriage. I would check the oil in the final drives. You don't want a lot of metal, because that's a sign of bearing or gear problems. That also can cost a lot.
Other than that, they are good machines and new, rebuilt and used parts for 15 both B & C series are readily available.
FWD

Talita

Hello guys,

I really hope someone here can help me. We bought a secondhand Dresser TD15C bulldozer. We've been doing some repairs and are now looking for one of the rollers that has been worn out. It is very hard to find Dresser parts here in South Africa. Is there maybe another make that might be compatible with this Dresser TD15C?

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

clansing1

Have you tried ITR? The TD-20G can use the Cat D7 track and pads, but not the rollers and sprockets. We just replaced a undercarriage set and used the Dresser aftermarket ITR rollers, Berco Sprockets and Idlers and with the Cat D7 aftermarket pads and chains.

If you buy the undercarriage through Dressta or Komastu, you will pay a lot more and end up with about the same product.
ITR South Africa

http://www.itrafrica.co.za/products_undercarriage.html

23 New Goch Road, Benrose, Johannesburg
Postnet Suite 15, Private Bag x1510, Glenvista, 2058
Tel : (+27)(11) 614-0070/2/3/4 • Fax : +(27)(11) 614-0081

Talita

Thank you so much guys.

It seems like ITR might be able to import the rollers for me, unfortunately they don't have any in stock.

I keep getting referred back to Komatsu, but it seems like the TD15C is not compatible with Komatsu. Do any of you know whether that is true or not. I don't have the knowledge, so that would be greatly appreciated.

Could you maybe help me with a parts manual, as well?

Thank you

pjanto

Hello members,

I work at a company who provide service and maintenance for heavy equipment. Recently we have prospect customer with Dresser TD12C-XP. They need to be serviced. Problem arise when we collecting spare parts supplier in our country (Indonesia). None of them provide for Dresser. I have been looking through internet, I have found one. In matter of saving the cost, I'd like to find another.

Kindly someone can give me information.

Thanks.

Note : Trully, I use google translate to write down above paragraph. If this bother you, than please forgive me. :)

Chum Duffy

Occupation
Owner of Duffy Inc excavating and trucking co.
JCBGM, We own 12 International/Dresser/Drestta's dozers, two TD15M's @ about 2,500 hrs and a TD25M @ around 800 hrs. Send me a pm or call me at 814-598-0402 and I will be happy to share my thoughts on the Drestta line. Jim Duffy..