• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dot numbers and stuff

Electra_Glide

While we're on the subject, once you have your DOT numbers, one of the requirements is random drug testing. I have heard people mention that if you are a small operation, you can join a testing "pool". Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Joe

dumptrucker

I am in one of those pools for drug testing. It costs about 160 dollars to set up and about 100 bucks a year after. They send you all the forms you need to keep on hand for the fed gov. The company I am with is Foley Services Inc. Their phone # is 860-633-2660.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I too was with Foley for 1 year---besides shuffling papers,I felt they did nothing to earn their $100 so I dropped them and haven't enrolled for at least 8 years or so.Never been bothered,even at DOT checkpoints.It's very discriminatory,another slap in the face of all truckers who are getting singled out and for companies like Foley to raise their bottom line.Maybe,if the rich Lindsay Lohans of the world were found guilty of driving under the influence and their fine would be to pay truck driver's testing--then that would be fair.Way more cars with doped up drivers than truckers.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
It's very discriminatory,another slap in the face of all truckers who are getting singled out and for companies like Foley to raise their bottom line.Maybe,if the rich Lindsay Lohans of the world were found guilty of driving under the influence and their fine would be to pay truck driver's testing--then that would be fair.Way more cars with doped up drivers than truckers.

:thumbsup Couldn't said it better myself! I guess if your rich and famous our laws do not apply - but if your a hardworking guy/gal your butt is put through the ringer by overregulation.:Banghead What would happen if yours truly got a DUI and then missed the court date? I would be getting use to the color orange and wearing cheap flipflops, but if your a media icon that gets you tons of media coverage and interviews on Larry King Live. The only interview that most of us would get would be with Larry who thinks he is the King, out in the prison yard.:eek:

Sorry for the hijack, I will get off my:soapbox

dumptrucker

I have never been bothered by dot for drugtesting either , until they did a safety audit. I had to get it within 30 days or a pretty hefty fine was going to be given to me. Can't remember exactly what the fine was but it was in the thousands of dollars. So I guess 100 a year ain't to bad.