• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Doosan Machines

bkdavies86

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

We are looking at purchasing a new machine and have been looking at the Doosan's as they appear to be competitively priced and cropping up on sites all over the place.

I was just wondering what others experience with them is like?

Thanks
bk

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
I have been around the Doosan machines here in Alaska. My friends are the dealers. I demo'd a 140 excavator with a blade and liked it. Also rented and have run the 400 loaders, also good machines. You have to be carefull with the Knobs,switches,handles and sutch, slightly cheap but I'm finding that with most machines these days. Doosan has a 24 HR parts guarantee and great service and parts are so much less than the competition!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
From experience here they're cheap for a reason. The local dealer started off selling them like hot cakes, but once people got them actually working the word started to get around. Now despite offering 100% finance on them they still have a yard full ........!! I haven't seen anything move off their lot for around 6 months now.

DoosanFan

Occupation
Forester
Last just fine around here, a lot of volvo and cat owners use Doosan parts on their machines, most noticeably the joysticks and alternators, maybe the US handles Doosans different, but US build quality doesn't handle Africa very well, I have noticed that with cars too.

'Cheap' is relative; what you get on a Doosan at Doosan's prices is more than what you would get on say a Cat for just a few bucks more.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
US build quality doesn't handle Africa very well, I have noticed that with cars too.
US car/pickup/light truck build quality doesn't work well anywhere outside the US IMHO.

I was directly comparing what I see on Doosan to what I see on Cat 3xx series and FYI, I'm not in the US. I'm actually somewhere far more 3rd World (can I say that without being non-PC?) than you are TBH.
Round here no-one seems to want to run them after the first batch of machines actually got out there with cutomers and got some hours on them.

zxa

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

We are looking at purchasing a new machine and have been looking at the Doosan's as they appear to be competitively priced and cropping up on sites all over the place.

I was just wondering what others experience with them is like?

Thanks
bk

nothing to say about them...less expensive to buy, less retail value for sale...some cheap plastic stuff (solar serie) but on the dx serie they have improved the interior finitions, especially on the new 2011 cab!! part is not a problem, so far my 225 solar give me good service you gonna have many opinions here..it gonna make you just more confused since overall manufacturer today are just clone to each other....

DoosanFan

Occupation
Forester
nothing to say about them...less expensive to buy, less retail value for sale...some cheap plastic stuff (solar serie) but on the dx serie they have improved the interior finitions, especially on the new 2011 cab!! part is not a problem, so far my 225 solar give me good service you gonna have many opinions here..it gonna make you just more confused since overall manufacturer today are just clone to each other....

I would like to see one of the new cabs in person,we still get the DX's with the rounder cabs, the pictures make the orange seat styling look pretty cool.

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
just found out doosan make a dx700, anyone any opinions or ever driven one or owned one , im in the process of purchasing 2 ex700-1 hitachis, but next year id like to try out a doosan 700

lonkinggroup

Have you considered buying one made in China ? It seems that China are doing better and better in the field. Don't rush and take your time, you can compare the configurations and prices of different brands at the same time and make your decision. Good luck!

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
ya i was looking at sany and luigong they seem to be getting better the only fault is that if you have a hitachio or a daewoo /doosan and it breaks down you could go to the local sweet shop and get parts so your only broke down for an hour max unless its serious< and if its a major problem i would know the part was going for a while before it went so i would have a new part there ready to put in
xcg seem too much like a volvo and volvo dont make a good digger they should stay at what they know and stick to making lorries ,but they just cant make a digger, their cooling system for both engine and hydraulics is a laughing stock!

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
ya i was looking at sany and luigong they seem to be getting better the only fault is that if you have a hitachio or a daewoo /doosan and it breaks down you could go to the local sweet shop and get parts so your only broke down for an hour max unless its serious< and if its a major problem i would know the part was going for a while before it went so i would have a new part there ready to put in
xcg seem too much like a volvo and volvo dont make a good digger they should stay at what they know and stick to making lorries ,but they just cant make a digger, their cooling system for both engine and hydraulics is a laughing stock!
Your the first person i ever heard say that of Volvo diggers! Anyone i know with one like them!

DoosanFan

Occupation
Forester

That is pretty much the same down here, both for the Doosans and the Volvo's. Volvo's were popular for pulpwood harvesters, but their cooling packs are no good, even with an extra cooling pack added on, they pop hoses too frequently, so Hitachis are becoming more the machine of choice. Oddly enough sumitomo's are also starting to find ground in the harvesting world, probably because they are cheap, but we only have three dealers for them here, so parts would be a big issue. (not that cat or volvo have more than about 10 or 12 in the whole country, basically one for each province plus a few spare for the big mining areas. The only brand with lots of dealers is Bell Equipment, they are everywhere.)

lonkinggroup

China construction manufacturer are fighting

As a chinese, i am very proud of seeing more and more construction machinery manufacturers are emerging. They not only doing good in domestic but also begin to move on the international stage, take sany for example, it is now one of the member of Fortune 500, and also, such as Lonking, which was founded in 1993, but now it also ranks 22nd of top 50 global constuction machinery makers. So, the once giants may have to make way for them. What do you think ?

TCS

Personally lonkinggroup; I think Doosan has a long way to go when talking about their loaders. I have operated a couple of now 2year old Doosan DL400 loaders that my neighbor down the street owns that he bought new. They push and cycle well enough,but the paint is totally faded out,the interiors are junk,especially the switches and he seems to be having transmission and overheating issues with them.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
well me being based in china , but coming from an Australian machinery background would say for now stay away from any Chinese wheel loaders the best ones are lugong but in saying that in Australia there parts are very expensive and not that fast to get , doosan well they seem like a bit of a mixed bag we ran 3 of there machines 2 wheel loaders and 1 mini excavator and well the operators where happy with them but the finish is just not as good as the CAT or the Komatsu machines but i dont know about the other but in Australia and china there is a massive price difference with the CAT and the Doosan.

dodgeram22871

Occupation
plantfitter
if i got a doosan for nothing i wouldnot take it. i know a guy that has a dx 225 and as soon as warranty is out they give a lot of trouble buy cat,case,hitachi,kobelco,hyundi, but not jcb,doosan