• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Doosan 185

nanciquinnear

Can someone add their expertise....I've just had mechanics reseal the oil pan on my compressor. Since then it still shuts off and throws a SPN 100 FM1 code. Anyone else out there have this compressor and had the same code? I've brought it back to the mechanic several times and they think I'm crazy. I can't find any manuals on the internet for this model not even on the Doosan website. Kind of at a loss it will idle but wont run in service mode. Thanks for any help.

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
What engine is in it? That code is for low oil pressure.

Curious if it was shutting down on this code before the work was done, since you said "it still shuts off"?

nanciquinnear

ty for responding. I'm not sure what engine it is, it's a 2014. It was shutting down in service mode with different codes, I took it to a mechanic and they took the oil pan out and repaired it. It's still shutting off with the spn100 fm1 code. Could it be a bad sensor?

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
Yes, liquid cooled Duetz 2.9L (Also says so on the Iron Planet listing).

If the oil pressure is confirmed good with a mechanical gauge, it could be a bad/unplugged sender or wiring.

Does it start and run for a bit before shutting off, or is it immediate?

nanciquinnear

I didn't know iron planet kept listings for this long! Great sleuthing and thank you for that. I will find someone to put in a new sensor and have them check wiring. Thanks to you both i've been pulling my hair out. It's used for a vapor blast machine so my only source of income. Thank you.

nanciquinnear

To answer your question it runs fine in idle and then about 20 minutes on service. In the shop it runs fine in service mode but at home it shuts down after 20 min.