• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dolley pickups how long do you brakes last?

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I never get more than 15-20,000 miles on the front of my Dodge 3500.:( Good thing is since the second set I bought bought Autozone lifetime pads which were PFC :D Got about 6 sets so far for nothing! Rotors have lasted 100,000 if I didn't let the pads wear to steel.

thanks

LonestarCobra

I normally get 40,000 miles or so on a set of front pads on either the 1983 K-30, or the '03 F-350. Both trucks weigh about 9000 lbs and pull heavy trailers weekly. Make sure the rear brakes are working. If they are not the front may be doing all the work.:usa

td25c

Thats probably normal for a 1 ton truck with hydrualic disc brakes on the front if you are hauling much of a load most of the time.Dont let the pads wear down to the steel Speedpup or you will have to spend a little money on new rotors.

Dualie

50,000 on my 2000+ f-350's towing HEAVY and driving FAST. the pre 99's would eat through pads ever 20-25K.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Rears are working;) they last a bit longer.:( :pointhead Rotors were 45 bucks China but that's is all I could get:(

thanks guys