• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Does anyone know JD 490E PVC Ground source location?

Knivens894

My 490E has lost its ground source to the pump control module. The PVC connector diagram shows the pin outs on the PVC connector but I have lost the ground source feeding to them. Does anyone know the location of the ground source for the PVC? There are 4 pins intended to bring ground connections to the PVC, two (101,109) for the solenoids and two for the controls (38,47). I could install a new ground source but hesitate to change the wiring harness for future maintenance purposes. I would prefer to correct the fault at its source as the factory intended without having to open the harnesses to trace the wires back to their source of feed. Does anyone know the location of the ground connection feeding the PVC on a JD 490E?

garyw

Occupation
Plant Engineer
My 490E has lost its ground source to the pump control module. The PVC connector diagram shows the pin outs on the PVC connector but I have lost the ground source feeding to them. Does anyone know the location of the ground source for the PVC? There are 4 pins intended to bring ground connections to the PVC, two (101,109) for the solenoids and two for the controls (38,47). I could install a new ground source but hesitate to change the wiring harness for future maintenance purposes. I would prefer to correct the fault at its source as the factory intended without having to open the harnesses to trace the wires back to their source of feed. Does anyone know the location of the ground connection feeding the PVC on a JD 490E?
According to the diagram, the ground for the PVC is located on a branch of the cab harness that also feeds the dome light, the wiper and a speaker. It'll probably be a little eyelet bolted on to the cab body.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Same pinouts as the 790e I am struggling with. My grounds are at a bolt under the seat/console area.