• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do skid steers/track loaders have rear lift/tow?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That' s for towing the ASV,not it towing something else:D

Actually, it's a towing feature that's been used by ASV for many years. The original design ASV (All Season Vehicle) was designed for a multitude of tasks, not just a front track loader, they were designed to be used as a pulling tractor as well. The loader arms were designed to be quickly unbolted from the frame, hoses had quick connects, remove the loader and you now have a pulling tractor. You could pull using the rear receiver with engine behind you, or you could turn the seat around, use the reciever on loader end of machine, and pull with the engine in front of you. Haven't seen one of those models for a few years. :)

shooterm

Occupation
Operator
Call me crazy but I want to try rigging up a tailgate spreader behind a skidloader for awhile.

eamon

Why not just weld one on. You will probably have to modify the back door or make it removable so as not to catch on ramps.

frogfarmer

Sounds like a deccent idea but im afraid id back into something and crush the whole spreader. Heres a thought mount it the the top edge of the bucket with the bucket tilted vertical so to act as a shield for the operator. That should be simple enough and not as likely to crush a spreader. Crazy is plowing snow for 10hrs straight in an open cab and no heat temps just below freezing. How many times has that been done.

Hammer & Nails

Occupation
Construction
So do have a drawbar as an option. My 75xt does anyway. I can see the rear mount being more useful, so you can push snow and spead salt at the same time, for example.

shooterm

Occupation
Operator
I'm trying to figure out a decent skidloader setup for complete snow removal/salting. My house is centrally located in town four blocks from downtown. My garage would make a very nice base for alot of snowplowing with in a mile area. I'm not saying I've sold myself on this idea but I'd much rather not touch a plow truck unless I can get a 550 size with a true tailgate spreader and dump. Keeping salt staged around the route would be necessary. All this said I realize the majority of the work is just salting and keeping lanes clear.