• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ditch witch gear box won't turn

Malingos

Hello everyone, ok I have another project that's kicking my ass. It's a Ditch Witch JT2720 mach1, so the issue I'm having is that the gear box that turns the pipe Does Not turn either way. All other functions seem to be working well, but I don't know where are the coils/solenoids located, that actuate the forward and reverse function, I went around checking them all (ohm them) and they are all 6.3/6.4 ohms. Not 100% sure if that is the correct spec. I was told that it all was working well until they stopped the machine to move it and then restarted and it wouldn't turn at all anymore. Hydraulic fluid is full and clean, I'm not sure about the voltage regulator if it's working properly, it has two red led lights but I never see them come on. So if anyone has any info or good experience with this model I would greatly appreciate it.