• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

digging

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
when you guys are digging in a bench or a pile and you get to the bottom of the pile how do you get the last bit of dirt in the bucket off the flat ground i have been playing with the ones at work practicing and i'm getting better but when you have no pile to pull against to get the dirt in the bucket whats the easiest way. curl the bucket and pull quick or what

cat 385

you can sweep both sides in make a pile pick it up that way(you will have to curl and pull a couple of times)or if the grade allows you can dig a bit of a hole to get it in the bucket then sweep or push in some to level of the hole to existing grade.(not sure if that made sense but i could show ya.:D:drinkup

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
My favourite trick. Cut and fill =D

Gouge just in front of your "tailings" pile so you make a little hole/take some of the pile. Then push whats left of your pile into the hole. If you do it right what's left in the pile fills the hole you dig. Pat with bucket and start tracking to your next one =)