• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Differance in cat 3116 and 3126??

Cmark

Exactly where are the HEUI lines located at. I talked to a fellow on the phone who has a C6500 for sale. He said he drove it 200 miles home and has a small oil leak. The owner he bought it off of said the HEUI line was leaking. If I get it I have to drive it about 450 miles home to get it in my shop. I don't want it blowing up on the road. Is this just a line that could be tightened to get me home? What is involved in replacing the line? Is this the steel lines on the left side of the engine?

There's two oil lines going to the HEUI pump. The low pressure one goes from the oil gallery on the side of the block to the HEUI pump. The high pressure line goes from the the HEUI pump to the cylinder head.

CAT385

I have cat 3126 with unit injector powering 950 g, chronic issue with that is injector sleeve cracking,cylinder bore cracks(which has no sleeves)etc, later the 950g series 2 came up with HEUI where all such problems were eliminated.

big ben

So how do 3176 and 3196 fit in ? Are they both all HEUI ?

Does it follow the same rules 1.7 ? per cylinder and 1.9 L per cylinder ? What were the differences between 3126 to 3176 and then 3176 to 3196 ? If the 3126 became a C7 what happened to 3176 and 3196 - C11?

Thanks