• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel-powered Genie TMZ-50/30 won't switch to "Engine Power" on base control panel

rickrpi

Hello everyone, I have a 2002 Genie TMZ-50/30, serial #T5002-6. It is a Hatz diesel powered trailer mounted lift. The problem I have is that the control panel will not recognize that the engine is running. The "Battery" led light stays on. All controls work, but the auxiliary electric powered hydraulic pump kicks in. I assume it "thinks" the engine is not running and switches over to electric emergency pump. I have replaced the CPU with it's board, connector board, voltage regulator/rectifier, engine wire harness, Hatz engine ignition board, engine ignition wiring, replaced both base and platform control button touchpads. I believe the flywheel generator is working properly, since it produces alternating voltage when running and increases as RPMs increase. 1000CCA Battery is brand new and charging normally. I have been using wiring schematic ES0217C from the Genie Service Manual (part # 65162). I am stumped. I'd appreciate any help....https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif

lantraxco

Those DIP switch settings look right.

Man the schematics are a mess! They show the engine oil pressure switch going from a 10 amp fused power source direct to ground! Same with the "Engine run" wire coming from pin 3 on the connector board and connecting to the engine circuit board at H0, it connects straight to ground. That can't be right can it?

I'm guessing that the oil pressure switch is what actually controls the switchover but it's just a WAG.

rickrpi

I hear you. The wiring diagram is unreliable, and Genie tech support won't give me the time of day. Thanks for your replies.