• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Desprate for Case 621B parts help

asctc

We have a 621B (ser# JEE0056544) that is in need of a wiring harness. There is another tread about the saga trying to figure out why this loader won't move.

The Case dealer says they don't exist, anywhere, it's a two piece harness, parts numbers.

192493A1
248841A1

Any help or ideas tracking this down ASAP?

Last edited:

lantraxco

lantraxco

Just Ohm it out and find and fix the bad spot(s). It's just electrical wire and connectors.

Not always.... with the advent of magic black boxes connected to those wires and connectors in place of switches and relays, wire harness issues have become much more difficult if not impossible to diagnose. My very first exposure to this was when the old man's Dodge motor home (1980?) just quit while driving. Had it towed to the Dodge garage where all possible ignition components were replaced in order of likelihood of failure and cost. All used components tested in a donor vehicle, ran fine. Would it run? No dice. By the factory manual all circuits were ohmed out, all voltages tested at rest and while cranking. Everything was perfect. Except there was no spark. Solution was simple, a brand new old style distributor with points and some judicious timing work and the old man was happy and we went home. I have seen this many times since in CAT loaders and the like, sometimes the gremlins hide better than we seek.

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
lantraxco, I guess that I wouldn't have believed that a wire harness has that magic; to a first approximation I would have guessed that a wire conducts or it doesn't.

Short of being burnt-up in a fire, I've never heard of replacing a wire harness. Since the harness is put in to the tractor before anything else is put in, it seems like it would be very dammed difficult thing to remove and replace. It seems to me that the only way to fix the tractor is to fix the tractor; find the problem or buy another tractor...

PS: I have a 621B; seems to me to be a mostly mechanical tractor. Electrical shifting but no computer.

Last edited:

lantraxco

Yep, any wire with a proper load on it should either work or not, though there are rare intermittent opens and shorts. The problem with the new digital communication, solid state sensors, printed circuit boards, high frequency signal paths, that sometimes really odd stuff happens due to magnetic fields, inductive pulses, bad grounds and ground loops are horrible, and god forbid you try to alter anything, tap in, or replace a factory component with something else or aftermarket....

asctc

Thanks for the reply's. Best I can find is a used harness from Machinerytrader. New does not seem to exist. So my choice is have the Case dealer do an overlay transmission circuit or take my chances with the used ones. I'm leaning on the quick overlay fix and then replace with the used ones in the summer. This loader is for plowing snow so it needs to move.

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
asctc, I think that your only real option is to do a wire overlay. I can only imagine that removing a harness from a scraped machine to sell as a used part would introduce more problems, removal might be done violently...

Case in Sparks is a good dealer in my opinion; I'm surprised they didn't fix the tractor. Good luck!

PS: Are you north shore or south shore CA?

Last edited:

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
Yep, any wire with a proper load on it should either work or not, though there are rare intermittent opens and shorts. The problem with the new digital communication, solid state sensors, printed circuit boards, high frequency signal paths, that sometimes really odd stuff happens due to magnetic fields, inductive pulses, bad grounds and ground loops are horrible, and god forbid you try to alter anything, tap in, or replace a factory component with something else or aftermarket....

On a K model Deere 544, I tapped the cabin fan power wire for power for a 12v inverter for radio and implement power. No problems yet...