• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demo accident.

Truckie

Her ya go Tonka.
Here are 2 pictures I grabbed at the end of the day.

Attachments

• !cid__0131081511.jpg
    !cid__0131081511.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 783
  • !cid__0131081513.jpg
    !cid__0131081513.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 778

Demoguy324

Occupation
Operating engineer, Local 701, Specializing in scr
Daniel,

I have never heard anything from an operator who's run a genesis, every company i've worked for swears by their labounty's, sure they have their share of problems, but on a demo job, you're bound to have a few, what is it that makes the genesis a better attachment in your opinion? like I said, i've never run one, but would like some insight from someone who has.

Eric

Daniel

Eric
I have two genesis gxp 660r shears and have had them both about two years now. I had a msd 50R sv I run it obout 9 month before I got rid of it. The genesis i have compared to the labounty. The labounty didnt have half the power the genesis has but you have to remember the 660 is a hybrid it has a 700 cylinder in a 500 size shear. The genesis will pierce 1 1/4 inch plate the labounty would pierce 3/4 inch plate. The only problems ive had with the genesis is the zero leak plugs that they put in the port blocks comming into the shear but genesis has been real good to deal with on the problem. My second genesis we have only cracked the tip on it but that was the operators falt I think, he was cutting some dragline buckets and hit a maganese wear strip on the back of the bucket with the corner of the tip. The thing i like the most about the genesis is that the upper jaw dont move side to side like the labountys do.
Daniel

Truckie

Daniel
Thanks for the reply and the insight of the Geneses.
I will look at some info on them.

I have only run La Bounty shears also.

With the La Bounty’s I do have to agree on the side to side movement. As soon as the blades need to be shimmed that is when things start to get caught between the guide blade and the shear jaw blade.

When we first got this shear we had a problem with the hoses and fittings on the piston breaking and leaking. We solved that problem with getting swiveling 90’s coming off the piston. The only other thing I had to replace on this shear is the rotator motor. The original one lasted 2and half years.

Truckie

Daniel
No, no real problem, other than once in a blue moon hitting a bearing race in the # 1 pile and breaking it. I did that once, and thank God it was ready to be replaced.
The only real problem I have with the tip is once you flip it a few times during the blade flips the bolts get worn and stretched out, and then the front bolt will get a little loose.
I keep a few spare bolts and washers handy just for this reason and every once in a while I might have one break in a blade.

Daniel

Tuckie
glad to hear you have had good luck with the labounty I was wondering do you guys run a scrap yard or do demo work and also how do you like the 3rd member mounting of your shear.
Daniel

Truckie

Daniel

We are a scrap yard but we do, do demo work.
We have 2 demo companies that deal with us and also work for us.

The 3rd member mounting is nice with the reach, but the machine can be a little light in the rear, especially when stretched out all the way and grabbing from the pile.

To tell you the truth it could use another 5,000lbs on the rear with the 3rd member mounting. That would make it real soiled machine all the way around. Just boom mounting it would be just fine with the standard counter weight.

I run this machine all the time so I know all the little quirks in what it likes and don’t like.

Daniel

Truckie
Ive worked with some companys using 3rd member mounting one was a 400 Hitatchi with a msd 40r and the other was a 350 cat with a msd 50r the hitatchi wasnt to bad but the cat was real tippy. Every thing ive run has been 2nd member mounting but we dont do alot of demolition but it would have been nice to have a 3rd member mounted shear on some drag lines we took down about 2 years ago

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I have only use Geneses shear's and never had any trouble with them. We had them mounted 3rd member and if a greenhorn got on it and was rough they'd bust the pins. We also twisted the stick once too.