• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Defective OEM parts

Welder Dave

Have you bought name brand OEM parts that can't be used and can't be returned because they got damaged trying to install them? I bought a new Miller jack plug for a welder I bought because the one on it was a little loose. First the black colored nut to hold the internal cable galled about half way on. The plated nut on the original threaded by hand. Thankfully I was able to get the original one tightened. It just ticked me off.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Last summer I got a 12 volt a/c compressor when I needed a 24v version. I wasn’t allowed to return it because I cut the clear packing tape before I realized the issue. he happily sold me another compressor. I asked him to open the box and verify the new one. He let me cut the packing tape because he was there to make sure I didn’t cut it wrong. We’re not friends and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.

IceHole

I'm crazy looking enough when I threaten to burn their house down while they sleep at night I may actually mean it.
Seems to solve getting customer service.

Zewnten

Last summer I got a 12 volt a/c compressor when I needed a 24v version. I wasn’t allowed to return it because I cut the clear packing tape before I realized the issue. he happily sold me another compressor. I asked him to open the box and verify the new one. He let me cut the packing tape because he was there to make sure I didn’t cut it wrong. We’re not friends and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.
Charge back?