1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere vs cat wheel loader

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by Pete1468, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Pete1468

Pete1468 Well-Known Member

Getting to demo 544k loader against my 928g tomorrow. Sales man biggest selling point is dif lock. I bucked into a sand pile real quick and wasn't impressed as I couldn't lift a bucket full while pushing against it like the 10,000 hr cat. Anyone else run the same demo or run a deere?

2. Pete1468

Demoed a 930 M cat today, transmission takes a little too get used to but holy cow is that a machine compared to the deere. I liked my 928g but I don't think it will take long running a930 to make me forget about the 928. The hydraulics are quick then the deere.

3. ol'stonebreaker

ol'stonebreaker Well-Known Member

retired
    Never saw a need for diff lock on a loader because filling the bucket is a matter of close coordination of hoist, tilt and throttle to minimize tire slippage in my experience.
    Mike

4. Pete1468

We don't need diff lock for loading gravel, digging a road ditch getting on the slopes most people won't do is where it's needed. We use loaders to dig ditches unless it's too wet to get in and out of.