• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere has a new track loader out?

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
I was on John Deere's main website a few weeks back, and as the link picture to the construction end of things, they had a picture of a track loader I'm unfamiliar with, and can't seem to find ANYWHERE.

It looked like the track version of a 644J. Black boom, yellow bucket, new hood and cab, etc. It was not the little 605C. Looked pretty similar to a 963D Cat.

Any information? Pictures?

Thanks,
-Josh

farm_boy

755d

Do you mean this one?

This is the new 755D that will be replacing the 755CII. Pretty darn sweet:D

Attachments

• 755D.jpg
    755D.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,563

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Deere has a few of its own little gems in the D-series now -- but it is still Liebherr, yes.

And I'm curious as all heck to know which machine has better productivity -- Cat's D-series or Deere's.

hvy 1ton

755D

Engine John Deere 6068H; meets EPA Tier 3 and CARB emission non-road regulations

Net Power 181 net hp

Operating Weight 46,255 lbs.

Breakout Force 36,869 lbs.

Tipping Load 31,597

Hinge Pin Height 13 ft. 4 in.

Length of Track on Ground 101 in.

Bucket Size 3.14 cu. yd.

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
That's the one farm boy! :cool2
Thanks a bunch. Thought I was going :crazy
I should have thought to go look at Liebherr. :eek:

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
D4c is right the deere john crawler loaders are a rebadged Liebherr id own 1 as we always had good luck w/ Liebherr equipment :D

later

Bulldog

ZX850

Liebherr Deere Relationship

The 605C (a little larger than a 939 or 943 Cat) and the 755D (a direct competitor to the 963D) are more Deere than Liebherr in this generation. They are still assembled in Austria but there are several more Deere components than in previous models (Engines/Cabs/Electrical/Final Drives). Liebherr is providing the main structures (Loader Frame, Roller Frame, Main Frame...and various other parts)...I would say it is a Liebherr skeleton with Deere Muscles and skin....should improve reliability especially in the final drive arena.

Mass-X

I've got to say, of all the Deere machines I've been on/around, their new track loaders are probably what I'm most impressed with.

If I could get a little more seat time, I'd be able to make a better comparison. But as fond as I've always been of the CAT 963's and 973's, the time I spent in a Deere 755C might have just convinced me it's a better machine (from a performance standpoint) than the CAT 963.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Mass-X: what generation 963?

ZX850 (or farmboy): do you know who designed the hydrostatic system of the new D-series?

Mass-X

Tigerotor77W: "what generation 963?"

C series. I don't have any time on/around the new CAT D series track loaders so I can't comment on their performance in comparison to the Deere's. My opinion was formed based on a 755C on demo, put next to a 963C in production applications.

Mass-X

My mistake: I meant 755D in the two previous posts, NOT 755C as I had typed.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Hmm, interesting... had you run the 755C against the 963C at all?

I'm curious to see where the D-series twins take the TTL market. They're good machines, and I think the D-series of both manufacturers ups the ante somewhat significantly -- maybe enough to get TTLs back into the picture?

Here's some for ya....
133580703-M.jpg

133580865-M.jpg