• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 950J Issue

marksconst

I have a 950J with a transmission issue. Soon as you start to push it drops down to low and will not allow you to speed up. it will continue to push and work. Just the lowest setting. It finally threw a cod FO32450307 but the Dealer here is no help on this dozer. Thanks for any help

Killbox Alpha

Sounds like its in some type of "limp home" mode since the engine is derating. Sounds generic but I'd call another dealer and see what they say. Some dealers in bigger cities will usually have a diagnostics guy in house you can talk to.

Dozerworx

We had a 950J for about two years. About 1 time a week Deere would send someone out to work on it. It's a liebherr built machine with a libherr built engine. It's a terrible machine in so many ways if it's not taken care of. We had the transmission mess up on ours where it would no go forward but only reverse. Deere picked it up, patched it up, and sent it to auction.

rutwad

I was running a 700k recently and it would show what the code was for. I'm not exactly sure now, but I think you hold the menu button for 5 seconds. Not sure if the 950J is similar or not.