• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 624K loosing seal between tire and rim

spatterfree

Hi,
having problems with slippage between tire and rim,
machine has the original tires and rims installed,
tried cleaning the rim, checking for damage, can't seem to find anything,
also tried inflating it to 80 psi, but it's doing the same thing, wondering if anyone ever saw anything like that and what they did to fix it,

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I always try to put some stop leak in the tire when I have it off the rim on one side you can put it in thru the valve stem it just takes a while remove the valve core first. most of the time there is a small adapter piece that the valve core screws into that you can remove to give a approx. 1/4" hole so you can stick a small funnel in also check that the oring around the rim(3 piece rims)is not pinched or cut. good luck been there to many times gotta love it

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Are the rim locks installed? I've seen wheels spin inside the tires and ball up the sealing rings. Are you using tire grease to seat the beads and not some other type of lubricant. Is all the paint cleaned out of the grooves where the beads seat on the wheel.

These are just off the top of my head.

spatterfree

the oring was replaced a couple times now, so it's not the oring, everything was done by the pro's at WW tire service,

I always try to put some stop leak in the tire when I have it off the rim on one side you can put it in thru the valve stem it just takes a while remove the valve core first. most of the time there is a small adapter piece that the valve core screws into that you can remove to give a approx. 1/4" hole so you can stick a small funnel in also check that the oring around the rim(3 piece rims)is not pinched or cut. good luck been there to many times gotta love it

spatterfree

everything is installed like from the factory, it's a brand new loader, they used tire grease the first time, they tried a couple other options as well,
update: threw off the Titan tires and installed Michelin!! :beatsme

Are the rim locks installed? I've seen wheels spin inside the tires and ball up the sealing rings. Are you using tire grease to seat the beads and not some other type of lubricant. Is all the paint cleaned out of the grooves where the beads seat on the wheel.

These are just off the top of my head.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Did that fix it or did the problem persist? At this point if the problem persisted I would be looking at the rim. I would be looking for cracks and the like.

spatterfree

Lets hope it's fixed, cost $7,000 to swap the 40 hour titans for new Michelins

Did that fix it or did the problem persist? At this point if the problem persisted I would be looking at the rim. I would be looking for cracks and the like.