• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 450H.J up too 650 size machine.Need info????

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Would like some thoughts on the Deere 450 to 650 H and J series dozers .The good and bad????? LGP and LT machine would also be my choice because of the wet,muddy conditons.

Been searching some info.What i'm seeing is H has 6 roller frame and J has 7 rollers,is that correct.Depend if LGP and LT machines?

Looking to buy,checking out all the above ever the 550.Seems to me more 650's for sale then anything for some reason.According priced cheaper then the smaller one? considering the amount of work and size it is.

Trying to decide what i really need.It will be used for samll dirt jobs,backfilling trenches fron my field drainage busniess.Also some erosion terraces construction.Mostly for the backfilling more then anything.The reason i started looking at the 450H or J.

If any of you guys have one let me know what you think,please.I have bigger dozers ,so would like to stick to the sizes above.

How many hours on the hydrostat machine is to many(before rebuilds) if buying.Looking at one that is clean,but has 8000 hours,but priced right>Thanks :usa

Woodstock

I have a 03 Cat D4g with 3000 hrs, and The JD 650H with 2900 hrs. It seams like the Cat's blade movement is faster and the streering is more sinsitive than the Deere. The deere is more comfortable to ride and has much more power. I like the Deere better. The lt machines are six roller and the xlt, and lgp are seven roller frames. The cat burns about 2 gallons and hour on fuel and the Deere is about 2.5 gallons per hour. This is the first problem I have had with the Deere. I guessing it is something electrical. Have any other questions I can help with let me know. I have no Idea about the hours on the hydrostat.

worm

We have a JD 650 with swamp tracks does very good on marshy ground rides good love those hydostat controls

Axman

I have an old jd450. I can run it hard all day on about 5-7 gallons of diesel. There are times I wish had I had a 650 or larger but it still gets the job done. It's easy on fuel, easy to haul and can get into tight spaces. It doesn't sound like you will have this issue but I can run it right next to a tree without having to worry about hurting the root system or over the top of a septic system without breaking any pipes. Still would like to have a larger some someday to compliment what I have.:usa

dirthog28

I've ran several 450H LGP's and personally feel for your money the 450 is the best, sure you can step up to a 550 or 650 with 10-20 hp more but all you gain is like maybe 1/4 to 1/2 yard more blade capacity, personally not worth the 20 to 30K more you pay, if your going to pay that much more, might as well step up to a 700 size and get something noticably bigger and worth the money. I believe you already have a D6 so to me with a 450 you'll have the best of both worlds and will do just fine for backfilling, awesome little machines for finish grading. Definately recommend LGP.

Maybe it's our Cat D4G, but I think the Deere's hydralics on the blade is way faster than the Cat.

Colorado Digger

howdy, i think if you art interested in a 450 size dozer you may wabt to consider a tracked skid steer with a dozer blade. that way you can utilize the quik coupler for attachments. we have a case 850h lt i would not go to a smaller dozer but it just depends on what type of work you do and how many hours a year you plan on using it. time to :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

METCO

Occupation
self employed
I would buy a 650 JD, the extra hp and weight are well worth it. The JD's are extremely nice and reliable, and also AMERICAN MADE.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
howdy, i think if you art interested in a 450 size dozer you may wabt to consider a tracked skid steer with a dozer blade. that way you can utilize the quik coupler for attachments. we have a case 850h lt i would not go to a smaller dozer but it just depends on what type of work you do and how many hours a year you plan on using it. time to :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

I already have a Deere 332 CTL and blade,so thinking would get small dozer too go with my other trencher.

The cost of rubber tracks seem to spell higher cost and lower wear hours then i could get with a steel track machine.

Plus have a auto laser system that would go right on the Deere dozer upto the 650 size.It came off a 650G.:usa

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Just bought a 2007 450j lgp in the summer with 140 hours on it . Full bush cab and came with a root rake as well. Excellent little blade. Easy on fuel, powerfull, light enough, floats really well with the wide pads.