• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 450g help

450G

I have a 450g that I just bought and it didnt have 1st gear called the guy and he said it was a linkage adjustment, so I pull the cover off under the shifter and there is a brand new shift rod there but both of the jam nuts are backed off. So I put it in gear where 1st should be and start turning the rod and 1st catches I can adjust the rod where I have all 4 gears but the dozer wont crank. I can adjust the rod where it will crank but only have 2 3 4 gear im sure there a proper adjustment. Any advice would be great. Thanks

DIRTROAD

Occupation
Forestry
What year and series # is your machine. You could have the wrong rod. For example, I have a 1998 series IV machine. It could be totally different from some of the very early year models. I would make sure that you have the correct rod for the correct machine.

450G

I was told mine is an 89 year model. The rod that I have is strange looking it is about 12 inches long and has the eyes on both ends but has some sort of tube in the center about 4 inches long that looks like it would have some kind of adjustment but it doesnt. My serial # is to450gf748047 Thanks for the help

DIRTROAD

Occupation
Forestry
I will look at mine today and see if it matches your description or not. It would seem that it should adjust in the center as you descibed though.

DIRTROAD

Occupation
Forestry
Mine has two rods. One is towards the front and one is towards the rear. Both have the rod ends and appear to adjust at that point, but it was hard to tell looking through the cracks. It did appear that there was a bunch of linkage within that area and it looked like it would be easy to get something out of whack. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good Luck.

450G

Thanks for the help I have in working properly for now but I had to jump the safety switch. But I am not finished yet.