• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 4219 engine

dug325

New to the site, so Hi all and pls bare with me!
Does anyone know where we could find a used 4219 for an old 310B. Just want to drop in an old used engine till we see where this project is at before we get carried away with the serious $$$. Machine seems good, clean and reasonably tight, but I dont know any history other than its still blocked up and in half. Milwright/mechanic for many years, so I unfortunately know what I may be getting into, but it will keep my sons busy on the farm, and hopefully out of some of the other ......distractions at their age. Dont know about you guys, but at their age I know I was usually keep busy enough....most of the time anyway! Any thoughts(besides the obvious)?
Thanks
Dug

leisureexpress

The 4219 is a pretty common engine, tens of thousands of them were made. I'd look for one that runs in a compressor/ water pump/or generator that possibly has a bad compressor/pump/ or gen unit. Ive seen those go for about $1000 down this way in Utah. Check on craigslist or Kiijjii (sp) is more popular up your way.

Old swathers/combines and farm equipment ran the 4219's too.

Where in Canada are you? That info might help find something closer to you.

Dr. Dozer

Occupation
Heavy equipment repair and salvage
those parts are pretty reasonable too if you want to fix it. Then you would know what you got

dug325

Sorry should have mentioned, Southern Ontario, not far from Buffalo NY. We are also often in NY, PA, OH etc. Have not been able to find much around here.
Thanks for the other applications, that will help. Im also guessing then that the crank wont mate up with the pump without some work?(if from say gen set)
Thanls for any thoughts orideas on this

Delmer

Do you have the old engine, or any of the parts from it? And what's wrong with it? The kit from the dealer is not much more than a grand.

I just did the front seal on my 4276, and the parts diagrams (jdpartsdeere dotcom, and the dealers) showed a few different options but they all bolted to the same crankshaft stub, but don't take my word for it. Just go online and check which crank you're looking at when you find a possible engine.

dug325

Thanks all
I will call wengers after Easter
We have nothing of the engine, it was removed with all its components, so I will need to find a running engine A: to see what we have with the rest of the machine, and B: to bolt her back together to winch on traiure to haul
Another question.... any idea on an approx engine weight and of the front loader and bucketassy, also is removed. but there. saw overall gross of about 12,500, but cant seem to find component weights (approx.)

dug325

SER # I believe s 336637T
Any more help or thoughts would be appreciated. Havent found anything yet.
Start some"hollidays" tomorrow more like spring cleanup and try to make a dent
in the wifes list. Anyway was hoping to make a dent in this project in the next week or
10 days.