• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

David's hands

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
When I studied Western Civilization in high school, I remember looking at pictures of Michelangelo's statue of David and thinking it was one of the most amazing pieces of art I'd ever seen.

They have a life-size, 9-ton replica of the statue here at Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas, carved from marble from the same source as the original.

Now that I've seen it in person, I just can't get over the freakishly outsized hands and feet. Like scoop shovels, they are.

I assume it is true to how Michelangelo rendered David in this pensive moment before facing Goliath armed only with a rock and the sling over his shoulder. But I suppose the guy who did the reproduction could have just had a fettish.

davids hand lr.jpg

L

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Well,you know why women love seeing big feet on a man don't you? So how big was his manhood? I remember this statue but I didn't take my memory pill this morning.