• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dart 600C

surfer-joe

Yes, you probably should. They have not been manufactured for a long time and other than transmission and engine parts, I don't know who would have anything for the machine itself or service. These were not the greatest loader even when they were somewhat new. I rode herd on one in Colorado and two others outside the state. They were a constant pain in the butt, especially the nitrogen assist system. When it worked, it worked well. When it didn't...

If one lost all the nitrogen for some reason, it took nine standard nitrogen bottles to refill the system. The offset cab was also a pain in that the machine did not fit well in a shop because the cab hung out so far. I'd stay away from one being offered for sale today. Good Luck.

61BG

They were the biggest & baddest during the time that they were introduced. I met a guy thru work that ran one & he loved the way it would dig & he liked the offset cab as he said he found it easy to see when loading trucks. Not too many people know it but Dart actually made an electric version with Two drive motors, one mounted to the front axle input & one on the rear. They were trying to compete with LeTourneau at the time. Theres a guy outside of Quebec city that had a regular 600 a couple of years ago & a pile of parts, almost enough to built a couple more complete loaders. Including rims & tires, Trannys, Axles, cylinders etc. D_Young , I do have spec sheets on both these versions if I can find them I will post them here.

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
D_Young goes basic machine mast parts that you my need to replace you could make up came with Gm, Cummings , cat. The GM was the best we had one that we put a 149 in ,early c did not have the soft shift on f/r to stop gear change at to hi a speed",easy to make" and it nitrogen system did need regasing but if but resealed was not that bad I think we had the biggest fleet of dart at one time were replaced by 992c, 28 of them ps I have a brand new workshop manual for the 600c

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
Can anyone point me to where I can find complete specs for a Dart 600C wheel loader. Thank you in advance for your time.

whot do you need to no?as Ihave o/pmanuals and workshop one to

61BG

Sorry for the crappy scans of the 600C. The rest of the scans come out pretty good, at least you can read them. I will re-scan the 600C brochure & maybe try & enlarge it so as you can read the specs. I also have specs on the regular older 600 & not the C version if you want I can scan & post them as well.
Can anyone point me to where I can find complete specs for a Dart 600C wheel loader. Thank you in advance for your time.

KCxpat

Just take a digital photo of the brochure rather than scan it. I find that easier and with good quality - for sure good enough to read.