• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Damn equipment scams.

SPMiller

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:40:42 -0700
Subject: Re: 2003 Caterpillar 535C
To: myself

The unit is in perfect working condition, no mechanical problems. The engine runs like new, no leaks. The price is $13,000 and it includes delivery. I am letting it go because I've moved to Greece and importing it here would cost too much. It is currently in the Yukon Territories in custody of a shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I will only sell it through eBay Motors because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure.

Thanks
Carrie

Never thought I'd find this on machinery trader

coalsmoke

did you see the cat 305ccr on vancouver craigslist that was also up for $13000.... appeared to be a 2006+ model and in good shape now I bet thats the same scammer!

diamondtguy

Probably the same people that have a local craigslist add with a (fake) e-bay add of a 63 Corvette coupe that is in the "Yukon" and is your's for only $13,000.....

Cory..(Pacific Truck 1977-1987)

69hayes

I had the same idiots try to sell me a tv, once the money was Western Union ed to the broker who was working for Ebay Motors and located in New York they would ship the tv to me for a week long trial and if I was not happy they would pay the shipping back to them, I got in touch with Ebay and they said it was a scam. I played along with them to see how far they would go and then told them to #### off, if you get in touch with Craigslists they will cancel the add but there is so much of it they can not keep up

coalsmoke

You would think these guys would use some different numbers, rather than $13000 for multiple ads...to me, trends like that are fairly easy to notice and are atotal red flag!

TheClaw

Drives me nuts when I offer to buy something off Craigs list just to find out they are just going to then spam me with advertising. As an honest business man I want to wheel and deal with other honest business men. So much stuff on Craigs list is definitely to good to be true.

QuickTrax

You have to be very careful when it comes to scammers. I have at least one a month call and try to order parts. Most need parts next day and want me to ship overnight to them. They all try to use a false credit card.
Last year I sold three sets of Cat 320cl chains and sprockets to a new customer in Costa Rica. I shipped them to an exporter in Miami that the customer had set up and the exporter shipped them to Costa Rica for the customer. About 10 days later the credit card company sucked the money from our account and we were stuck with a 16,000 bill. We contacted the exporter in Miami and they still had our chains and sprockets in a container in Costa Rica. He was nice enough to retrieve the container and bring the parts back to Miami for us. I finally got the parts but still lost quite a bit of money on shipping the parts back to me. This scammer had all of the correct credit card information and we felt comfortable doing business with him. The only thing we didn't do was ask for a copy of his identification. This was a learning experience and I promised myself it wouldn't happen again. P.S. I hate scammers!!!

2stickbill

You have to be very careful when it comes to scammers. I have at least one a month call and try to order parts. Most need parts next day and want me to ship overnight to them. They all try to use a false credit card.
Last year I sold three sets of Cat 320cl chains and sprockets to a new customer in Costa Rica. I shipped them to an exporter in Miami that the customer had set up and the exporter shipped them to Costa Rica for the customer. About 10 days later the credit card company sucked the money from our account and we were stuck with a 16,000 bill. We contacted the exporter in Miami and they still had our chains and sprockets in a container in Costa Rica. He was nice enough to retrieve the container and bring the parts back to Miami for us. I finally got the parts but still lost quite a bit of money on shipping the parts back to me. This scammer had all of the correct credit card information and we felt comfortable doing business with him. The only thing we didn't do was ask for a copy of his identification. This was a learning experience and I promised myself it wouldn't happen again. P.S. I hate scammers!!!

Because of scammers and other crooks I am haveing trouble getting parts.Sent all the info International Dealer in Houston wanted.Copys of DL and credit card twice.Still no $300 part.Claim they can't find the info we sent them.

cutting edge

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:40:42 -0700
Subject: Re: 2003 Caterpillar 535C
To: myself

The unit is in perfect working condition, no mechanical problems. The engine runs like new, no leaks. The price is $13,000 and it includes delivery. I am letting it go because I've moved to Greece and importing it here would cost too much. It is currently in the Yukon Territories in custody of a shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I will only sell it through eBay Motors because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure.

Thanks
Carrie

Never thought I'd find this on machinery trader

13,000 for a 535c is a rip off....good eye.