• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D9 & D10T Aussie style

tomsy

Hey guys,

Just posting some pictures of the machines i operate in a small iron ore mine in the middle of Western Australia. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• D9T (4).jpg
    D9T (4).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,267
  • D9T (10).jpg
    D9T (10).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,255
  • D10T (2).jpg
    D10T (2).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,256
  • D10T (7).jpg
    D10T (7).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,243
  • D10T (8).jpg
    D10T (8).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,252

Rockbreaker

Of course we enjoy:drinkup

Can you please tell me what those blue bottles(looks like small gas tanks?) in the front on the d10t are used to?

tomsy

Of course we enjoy:drinkup

Can you please tell me what those blue bottles(looks like small gas tanks?) in the front on the d10t are used to?
Yep no worries

There fire suspression tanks filled with foam. There's two of them, one either side and a heap of sprays in the engine compartment. Hopefully won't have to use them any time soon!

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures !!!!!

I don't care much for the Red ! paint thing,but i don't own it or making payments on it gladly, so can't say much.

Alway great to see equipment on here.Thanks again.:usa

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
that last pic of the D10 looks like it could use some new tracks under her

tomsy

that last pic of the D10 looks like it could use some new tracks under her
Yep she certianly does. This picture was taken just before Christmas 07. The tracks were replaced on Christmas Eve 07 and are due for another set at the moment. Iron Ore just eats them away

bigfoot

Is That out at Jack Hills ?

Next time you take a pic, it would be a good idea to drop the Blade and Ripper, and close the cab door.

You will give us ozzies a bad name :D:D

tomsy

Is That out at Jack Hills ?

Next time you take a pic, it would be a good idea to drop the Blade and Ripper, and close the cab door.

You will give us ozzies a bad name :D:D
Yeah its at Jack Hills

Do i know you? The blade is up so the service man could tighten the cutting edge bolts, thats on the 9, The ripper is up on the 10 so i could have a look underneath a bit easier and yep, i'm bad for leaving the door open. We all make stuff ups every now and again!!!
Probly should of used another picture. Your on to it.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Yeah its at Jack Hills

Do i know you? The blade is up so the service man could tighten the cutting edge bolts, thats on the 9, The ripper is up on the 10 so i could have a look underneath a bit easier and yep, i'm bad for leaving the door open. We all make stuff ups every now and again!!!
Probly should of used another picture. Your on to it.

What is the cylinder on the side of the ripper of the 10 near the top used for?

992G

It should be for pulling the pin on the ripper tooth, using hyd. power.

JDOFMEMI

Yep no worries

There fire suspression tanks filled with foam. There's two of them, one either side and a heap of sprays in the engine compartment. Hopefully won't have to use them any time soon!

Sounds like a really good idea, especially on the 10T.
Although I hear Cat has sorted out their tendancy to have an unplanned barbeque;)

Thanks for the pics.
How about some close up of the handrails on the pusharms, and do you have many problems with them?

tomsy

The handrails on the draught arms are the stupidest thing anyone has ever invented. When your side cutting all it takes is a rock or a large peice of clay to touch them and they fall to bits. And it's not like where pushing alot of fine material, either.

They are pretty standard on large dozers in Australia now days, especially in the mines. Part of the three point contact when climbing onto and off the machine. But more harm comes from them than good. In my opinion that is!

So if you work a dozer with them attached be sure to know how to weld. I'll get some close ups for you in the next week or so.

The fire suspression is a pretty standard thing in Aussie mines as well. It is still ordered as an extra when the machine is purchased but on some mine sites it is a must, or the machine dosen't get through the front gate.

Last edited:

cr500

Most of the grab rails on the push arms that I have seen are attached with a big stiff steel cable as the upright. These give it a bit of flex when rocks hit it.(which is often). These ones last very well. I couldnt see the solid mounted ones lasting very well at all.

Cat 797

Tomsy,

Nice pics, keep them coming.

Also just wanted to say Hi as I'm relatively new tot he forum although I joined a while ago but have not had the time to look.

I hope to post some pics in the next few days.

Chris

Rockbreaker

Well Countryboy is slakking here so..
Welcome to HEF Cat797:drinkup

Just notice that you got to have tree post in before you can post any pics.
And we love pics so come on:D

Cat 797

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

I'll post some pics later this week as I'm tied up with work at the moment and assignments.

Tomsy, what are you mining there and what other equipment do you run on site?

That D10T is real nice

mntman552

T series

Where I work we are waiting for two 11 T's to be delivered. Was wondering if anyone had a chance to push a little dirt with them and how they are to operate compared to the R model