• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8H. Starting engine switch

The old Cat man

Hello everyone. I’m currently trying to rebuild an antique Caterpillar Fifteen. The switch for the magneto to ground on the dash has been replaced by a toggle switch and I remember on the old D8H. 46A sn. Also just about any machine with a starting engine like the D7E had the same switch. That the switch for the starting engine should be exactly what I need. Unfortunately the dealers don’t have the info on these old tractors anymore and I’m wondering if anyone in this group that has a parts book of these old machines, might have the part number of the on/off switch for the starting engine. If I remember correctly it only had 1 terminal on the switch and it grounded to the dash ground in the off position. It was a rotary switch with 2 mounting screws on the outside edges, looked like a miniature start switch. Thanks in advance for your help.