• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hillmaniac1993

Hello,
We have a D7F with serial 61G661. We were told the engine is a D333C. We had the injection pump removed and rebuilt when we overhauled the engine. And now we are trying to get it re-installed and timed with the engine. From what I have researched so far, it takes some special tooling from CAT to get this type of injection pump timed with the engine. Some forums say that it can be done 2 ways. One with a dial indicator and bracket....or with a fixture plate. And I think I've found a fixture plate online, it's a 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate. So my question is, will this timing fixture plate work to time this injection pump properly? From the picture of it, it looks like it could work. Thanks in advance for any info!

tctractors

If you just removed the injector pump off the drive you don't need to time anything just refit the pump, if you have had the gears loose you then need to use the timing plate, the drive for the pump has an off set to it so it cannot be fitted incorrectly.

jezow2010

Can anyone post the procedure for using this timing plate? I am rebuilding an early 3306 which has the scroll style fuel pump and my manual only has the sleeve metering procedure with the pin.

Dave Neubert

Can anyone post the procedure for using this timing plate? I am rebuilding an early 3306 which has the scroll style fuel pump and my manual only has the sleeve metering procedure with the pin.
you don't use the plate for this style. I use a drill bit in the timing hole

tctractors

Turn the crank to number 1 cylinder is on compression, look by the starter motor for the flywheel lock plug position for TDC, stick your pin or bolt in to the flywheel, with the timing gear loose on the drive fit the timing plate to the shaft and bolt in place, then tighten the gear onto the shaft.