• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6T joystick problem

deep n cheep

I have a 2011 D6T dozer that dosent lower the blade like it should. In the past the blade had three positions; when you pushed it ahead a little it would lower slowly then if you push it ahead even further it would drop really fast, and clear ahead it would go to float. Now when ever I run it and push it ahead 3/4 of the way it drops really slow, and when ever I push it all the way ahead it causes the cylinders to chatter loudly and still lowers slow. I wonder if there is valve some where that is being restricted and/or not being opened all the way? I was wondering if anyone has ran into a problem like this before or knows what might be wrong?
thanks,

d9gdon

I have a 2011 D6T dozer that dosent lower the blade like it should. In the past the blade had three positions; when you pushed it ahead a little it would lower slowly then if you push it ahead even further it would drop really fast, and clear ahead it would go to float. Now when ever I run it and push it ahead 3/4 of the way it drops really slow, and when ever I push it all the way ahead it causes the cylinders to chatter loudly and still lowers slow. I wonder if there is valve some where that is being restricted and/or not being opened all the way? I was wondering if anyone has ran into a problem like this before or knows what might be wrong?
thanks,

Yes, I had the same thing happen on a rental dozer about the same year model. They tore into the quick drop valves and took the seat and floorboard out going through some valve but they never did find the problem. This one didn't make any noise it just wouldn't lower the blade fast.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I 2nd looking at the linkage. The D7R I took care of acted funky like that and it was a linkage issue. All the hydraulic components themselves were fine. Start with the simple stuff and work your way into harder.

rdr

fixed mine today it is a lay sn the pilot accumulator had lost its charge