• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5m lgp problems

SwedeDaniel

Hello
have a problem with my d5m or rather 2 problems with the hydraulics,
First of all, the angle is the biggest concern
It can not keep the angle of the blade so I have to sit and compensate for the lever all the time.
I have tested changing overflow valves on the valve block without any results.
Could it be the pilot valves in the hydraulic cylinders that got stuck?
Problem 2
The blade also fails up and down, the same there I have to compensate it all the time, but not as much as the angle

I would have been very grateful if someone had a good answer to my question
Kind regards /Daniel

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Sounds to me like the cylinders are bypassing. Do you have a way to check pressures to make sure pump is doing what it's supposed to?

SwedeDaniel

I have equipment to measure the pressure, but have not checked it up yet. do you think it is leaking over in the cylinders? I saw in the book that there is also a valve inside the angle cylinders

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
There may be a check or holding valve of some sort in the cylinder. What's the S/N? If it get some time this evening I'll take a look on SIS

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
You could try capping off the cylinder ,use it . If it does the same thing ,problem with cylinder .

SwedeDaniel

Now I've Found It!
I started by plugging one of the cylinders and running the blade to find out which one I would open,
Then I did a tool to open it,
noticed that the spring in the valve had gone off so that the oil could flow freely through the piston
I´ve ordered a new piston from cat with a new valve in it. I hope it will be a big difference

Attachments

• verktyg.JPG
    verktyg.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • kolv.JPG
    kolv.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39