• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d5k no response

David Johnson

2010 d5k lgp 3500 hrs. Quit responding yesterday to any joystick inputs for movement of machine or blade. Got electrical power to panel, no electrical codes, no fuses blown. No loud noises. Engine running fine. Got hydraulic pressure. Just no response with movement of either joystick. Rocker switches for parking brake and hydraulic lockout switch working fine. Any ideas???

DJ

David Johnson

How do you know you have hyd pressure ?

Pump drive coupler stripped ?
I thought about that. I disconnected the blade tilt hose, fired it up briefly, and fluid was pumping out. The field service truck is scheduled to come out today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what they find.

David Johnson

Broken hydraulic pump drive coupler. Turns out the two pumps behind the engine are for the left and right drive motor. The implement/blade pump is on the front left side of engine. Somehow the valve body/controls for the blade require a small charge pressure from the main drive pumps to operate the blade. So even though the implement pump still working I have no blade movement.
Fixing it next week.

big ben

Thanks for the update.
The center splines in the drive coupler will be stripped out. Labour intensive job disconnecting several dozen lines and pulling back the pump stack but not to bad once you get going.

David Johnson

The field service technician was going to fix it at my workshop at the farm but they decided to haul it back to the big house and fix it at the dealership. I just bought it about three weeks ago so they are going to cover The cost of it completely.