• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d3k caterpillar scr fluid level low

mrfixit77845

my d3k 444 hrs has 2 codes 1389.3 954.2 scr fluid level low and operator induced ..... so checking def tank is full dash guage reads empty with no yellow light under it where do i go from here thank you all so much Stan

ahart

I’m guessing your def level sensor in the tank has went bad. Low hrs, are you still under warranty?

mrfixit77845

Thank you Nige. on the phone with cat, it is a 2020 w/444.1 hrs. under warranty. but still going to cost 195 for trip charge and 4.40 per mile. shop service is 2 wks. out and fld ser is 1 wk. out i told them to come with the parts so they wouldn't charge me the going after parts fee of 195 per hr. and 4.40 per mile they said they needed to come and run diagnostics to see what parts to bring good lord i gave them the codes and its not like they don't do this every day sometimes you just can't win lol

ahart

post your serial number and we can provide a part number, you can run that price against their service charge, maybe you could come out on top by buying and installing yourself.