• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D330 engine water pump.

Old Magnet

It's not just the books. I find I have to run most diagrams through the enhancement feature to lighten or darken and improve the contrast. Kind of time consuming but once done I file them away in the enhanced version for the next time.

Neels

Thank You. Old Magnet for helping me with a clear picture. Monday is now a public holiday here is SA so it looks like all of the suppliers closed shop for the long weekend. I can only start phone around on Tuesday to see if I can get the most imported part, the shaft here is SA.

Regards

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It's not just the books. I find I have to run most diagrams through the enhancement feature to lighten or darken and improve the contrast. Kind of time consuming but once done I file them away in the enhanced version for the next time.

Old Magnet, What feature/program do you use? When I try to clean up scans the usually come out as bad or worse than catfxr's was.

Old Magnet

It's an older version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. Has worked well for quite a few years.

Neels,
The 9M6061 shaft is also listed as part number 4M9150.

Last edited:

Neels

Good Day. I am back for some much needed advice please. The fan that is on my D4 with the 330 engine is blowing the air over the engine. Now I would like to buy a new fan but,Cat South Africa told me that the fan must blow the air from the engine. :shf
Can some please spread some light on this subject for me please? And also with a part # for the fan if possible please.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• D4.jpg
    D4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 137

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Unless something was done differently with your tractor, all tractor fans that I am aware of suck air from the engine comaprtment and push it out through the radiator towards the blade. This is to prevent dust from the material that is being dozed being sucked into the engine compartment and therefore the air cleaner.

I'm sure one of our experts for older equipment like yours will be along soon with a Part Number.

Neels

Thank you nige. Well I bought the D4 with that fan blowing over the engine, it is working fine and it never over heated.I'm trying to fit as many original parts possible on the dozer as i can when something breaks down.

Regards

Old Magnet

The 78Axxxx normally came with a suction fan (Spider assy. 9H9766)
A blower fan was offered as an attachment (Spider assy. 9H9828) and used a couple of different fan guard configurations.
Four and six blade reversible fans and guards were also offered as attachments.

A blower fan is recommended for bull dozers.

Last edited:

Metalman 55

The 78Axxxx normally came with a suction fan (Spider assy. 9H9766)
A blower fan was offered as an attachment (Spider assy. 9H9828) and used a couple of different fan guard configurations.
Four and six blade reversible fans and guards were also offered as attachments.

A blower fan is recommended for bull dozers.

Actually in the North here when operating machines without a cab, we sometimes switch the fan during the winter months. If the sides are tarped in & the front grill partially blocked it is quite comfortable in the cold weather. My D6C has a reversible fan on it & we switch it back & forth to suit the seasons.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For somewhere like South Africa where the climate is dry & dusty (judging by the photo posted by the OP) I would have thought a pusher fan would be the best way to go. It would keep dust out of the engine bay to a great extent. It's not even as if you need to keep the operator warm in winter - the sun will do that ....

scollins94

Occupation
Manager
For "obscure" parts like these ones your best bet in the US would likely be Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/ - however you have to register to see their prices and availablility and unfortunately for you it has to be from a computer working from an IP in the USA. Maybe one of our US-based members can help you..?

I checked the shaft and they have both used and aftermarket available but not a genuine OEM one.

Nige, we have an export partner here in Knoxville called ExpoQuip www.expoquip.com that can purchase from us (Off Road Equipment Parts) and ship to non-US based shipping addresses.

Old Magnet

You have an early style water pump that is no longer available as a complete assembly, just individual parts.
The later style may still be available as a complete assembly or as parts.

Attachments

• D4-78A-Early-Water-Pump.jpg
    D4-78A-Early-Water-Pump.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 58
  • D4-78A-Late-Water-Pump.jpg
    D4-78A-Late-Water-Pump.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53

Jerryvado

Water pump

You have an early style water pump that is no longer available as a complete assembly, just individual parts.
The later style may still be available as a complete assembly or as parts.

Reply.

Thank you for your share but I must need get the complete water pump or in parts whatever maintly the housing and pulley. Do you know where can I get it new or rebuilt.?