• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d 8n transmission hot

burns

i have a d8n that transmission temp light is coming on. ive changed oil and filter and checked screen flushed radiator. my belt pulleys were worn so I changed them, im getting good cooling threw the radiator and threw the transmission cooler, ive put a temp gun on the transmission and it was getting hot. I put the transmission into neutral and rev the engine and it will not cool, what throws me is that when I stick it into gear the temp will go down. ive checked pump pressure and its in spec, my next step will beto do a stall test on the t/c has anyone had a similar issue?

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi, there are too many versions of the D8N transmission to help without serial number
Mark

ATCme

Funny my Komatsu D65 does the exact same thing. Only stays cool when it's under load at high rpm. Running in neutral does nothing to cool it. I suspect either my t\c regulator valve or my relief valve is sticking or broken. I've eliminated everything else beside a t/c rebuild at this point.