• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins qsx15

Timrgas

Hi everyone,
I have a 03 kawasaki 95zv wheel loader with a beyond repair busted block cummins qsx15. My question is, the rebuilt QSX engines i have found are either super expensive or questionable in remaining life and costly too but i have found alot of ISX engines reasonably priced, can i swap out to a ISX motor? It seems like the only difference is compression and some emission stuff that might be able to be bypassed with using some parts from the busted qsx engine. Anyone ever hear about someone doing this? Or just swaping out to a totally different engine series or make?
Thanks,
Tim

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I found a complete but partially disassembled qsx15 on ebay.com, I just typed in Cummins QSX15 in search bar. I don't know where you are located but it might be worth your time it was priced 2,807.25

Timrgas

thanks Coy but seller will not ship and I don't see myself going to the Netherlands. But thanks for looking. I've been searching salvage yards and might go in that direction. Anybody got any tips on spotting a good or bad when buying a used/rebuilt engine? I plan on looking at the cam and roller for excessive wear and if it can run look for blow-by, anything else you'd recommend i'd look for?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Didn't realize where engine was sorry. You've got the idea about looking at good used engines

Timrgas

I've been done with this project for a while now but thought you guy might like some pictures.

Attachments

• 20171204_152821.jpg
    20171204_152821.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20171204_155458.jpg
    20171204_155458.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32