• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cub Cadet and Yanmar Alliance for Compact Backhoe Loaders

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Cub Cadet Yanmar is the name of an alliance of the two compact-tractor brands bringing compact backhoe loaders to the North American market. It looks like Yanmar is building the machines, with an integrated backhoe that nonetheless accommodates a mid-mount mower deck and looks relatively easy to detach from the tractor.

The 24-horsepower Sc2450 has backhoe dig depth of 6 feet 4.5 inches and the loader can lift 700 pounds.

The 31-horsepower Cub Cadet Yanmar Sx3100 compact backhoe loader digs to 6 feet 9 inches deep and its loader can lift 964 pounds.

Attachments

• CCYSc2450_Enviro.lr.jpg
    CCYSc2450_Enviro.lr.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 11,856
Last edited:

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
My understanding is that Yanmar is no longer building tractors for Deere. Of course they might still be supplying them with engines or other parts. I've scheduled an interview with the MTD marketing VP that is responsible for the Cub Cadet Yanmar line from the Cub Cadet side. I'll ask him.

The Cub Cadet Yanmar line is definitely Yanmar powered, and while I don't have first-hand knowledge, I trust the guy I know who crawled all over and under them to recognize if there are any Kubota parts on the machine. He would have mentioned it if he'd seen it.

L

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
That probably explains the Mitsubishi emblem on the John Deere I recently repaired.

Will Yanmar drop their own compact tractor line and only be sold under this combo label? Any word on the compact equipment line like loaders and excavators? Are they part of the joint effort as well?

totalloser

Occupation
Groundwork/Fabrication
Wow, They blew it losing Yanmar as a builder. Yanmar was THE reason to buy the small Deere's IMO. Not many options for true direct injection in those smaller engines.

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Sorry guys. I forgot about this thread. Short answer: Yanmar continues to wholesale tractors to John Deere, which sells them under the Deere brand. The new tractors are made by a joint venture called CUTSCO between MTD Products (owner of the Cub Cadet brand) and Yanmar. A year ago or more, the sales VP at MTD said the JV's operations are having no major impact on Yanmar marketing.

Steve -- I think Yanmar has always supplied Deere compact tractors in a limited size range. Not surprised you found a Mitsubishi-powered one.

Read the story on Cub Cadet Yanmar I wrote after my interview with the MTD VP, before my job change.