• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane machines and lifting devices miller industries

trombeur

Cosa ne pensi di gru e raccordi camion forniti dalle industrie mugnaio, ho visto che essi costruiscono gru camion carri camion di recupero e altre attrezzature di sollevamento e trasporto, cosa ne pensi di questo marchio? cosa ne pensi?

https://www.millerind.com/
950-web-2.jpg

Natman

Interesting wrecker, never seen outriggers like that.

Hobbytime

looks like one of the trucks used on the tv show" highway through hell"..picking the big rigs off the ground..

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Most wreckers have outriggers like that to serve as spades when winching. A traditional style outrigger wouldn't stand up to much lateral pull. Lots of contact for a healthy coefficient of friction.... how's that for fancy way of saying it's hard to drag haha.

Junkyard

crane operator

Translation :

What do you think of cranes and truck fittings provided by the Miller industries, I saw that they build crane truck wagons and other lifting and transportation equipment, what do you think of this brand? what do you think about it?

I was told the low design on the outriggers was also for being able to sit next to a guardrail/ cable rails, and extend the outriggers underneath it, and getting at a wreck on the other side. Instead of the old A frame style on a Holmes.

The new rotator wreckers have changed how they remove some wrecks, allowing them to occupy less room (lanes) in a freeway, interstate accident. They are really expensive.

I worked for a customer the other day that had been using one instead of a crane, to get around the crane safety requirements at their location. He said it was much more difficult to do the job with the wrecker, but way easier from a paperwork/ safety policies, standpoint.:rolleyes:

trombeur

Costano un occhio della testa, penso a 700.000 $$ Se non mi sbaglio, ma dipende anche dal telaio del camion, queste apparecchiature che ho visto sulla posa camion muscolare peterbilt, quale dispositivo che si utilizza per questi lavori ? Grazie per le risposte alla prossima

674_10151355405232058_2086921477_n_zps5c58ff38.jpg

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Translation:
They have an eye on my head, I think 700,000 $$ If I'm not mistaken, but it also depends on the truck's chassis, these devices I saw on the peterbilt muscle truck pose, which device is being used for these jobs? Thanks for the answers to the next

From the Forum Rules:
Standard English is the official language of Heavy Equipment Forums, all posts must be made in English. Posts appearing in a language other than English will be removed from the Board.

Actually, that's the first rule in the list.

The truth is that all of the Moderators speak English, and it would be very time consuming to have to translate a lot of posts, just to be sure nobody was doing anything wrong. (One poster once posted something in Spanish that roughly translated to "the F word", so we thought that making that a rule was kind of important.)

Trombeur, you're obviously a good guy, and have contributed lots of interesting comments and content to the Forums, and most of it has followed the rules, so we won't delete the little bit hasn't followed them. In the future though, we'd appreciate it if everything you post follows the rules. Once we let one member be the exception, then others are likely to want to get special treatment too, and that can cause all kinds of headaches. Thanks.

trombeur

Sorry for the inconvenience and the misunderstanding, I use the translator, maybe I do not follow the procedure to write forum discussions I will try to be more diligent and attentive, I apologize yet for the next