• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost to clear 2 acres

1970Cat16

I have 150 acres of clearing to get done before March 30. I have a Deere 850B long track witha 12.5 ft blade. The bush varies in size but nothing to large. The thing about this is it has been aerial sprayed 5 years ago and is dead, some is standing and some has blown over. Does anyone have experience dealing with clearing dead trees? It looks like it should be quicker than green trees because i shouldnt have to scub the ground very hard because there is no undergrowth. Any advice?
Thx

Make sure the operator does not underestimate the killing power of standing dead trees aka thw widowmakers, I would tree doze them all down in a circle and then reverse the circle and then pick up a stacker to windrow them in burn piles, what kind of operator protection and engine enclosures do u have, dead trees standing have killed thousands, they can let go just driving by one out of the blue or crash down when somebody backs into one by accident or even break off at the top and hit the hood of the dozer and go into the cab and take out an eye or brains??? Do you have another tractor to just anchor chain it all down with to be on the safe side??

sasman

I've been working at clearing this dead bush and it seems to be going pretty good. The trees for the most part are predictable,they are very dry and light , if I tramp them slow not much hits the canopy. Some of the stumps are solid because the tree broke off a couple feet above the ground and frozen in.