• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cool Article about Phil Schwab "Demoliton Man"

Dualie

hell of a life story. i would like to shake his hand and buy him a meal for the pleasure of listening to some of his storys.

Wolf

Breaking all the rules

hell of a life story. i would like to shake his hand and buy him a meal for the pleasure of listening to some of his storys.

I thought you would like him, Dualie. Here is a man who gets what he wants. He gets around all the rules in such a magnificent way. The city says to preserve the facade of the old theater--it magically collapses during demolition. Way to go, man. Excellent.

J.T.Schwab

Occupation
wrecker, job superintendant
article regarding Phil Schwab

I am Phill's nephew, my father Larry Schwab is his youngest brother. I want to thank all of you for your positive comments you have posted. These days it seems everyone just remembers the few setbacks he has had, and forget what an amazing career he has had and the great person he is. As a child Phill remembered going to the bank with his father just after the stock market collapse, and the start of the great depression. My grandfather was given 12 cents for every dollar he had in the bank. This time had affected him and he has had a distaste for banks and the system since then.

Wolf

I am Phill's nephew, my father Larry Schwab is his youngest brother. I want to thank all of you for your positive comments you have posted. These days it seems everyone just remembers the few setbacks he has had, and forget what an amazing career he has had and the great person he is. As a child Phill remembered going to the bank with his father just after the stock market collapse, and the start of the great depression. My grandfather was given 12 cents for every dollar he had in the bank. This time had affected him and he has had a distaste for banks and the system since then.

JT--Are you in the demo business too? Where are you located and what kind of demo jobs are you doing these days?

J.T.Schwab

Occupation
wrecker, job superintendant
Wolf, I am in the demo business in Atlanta, Georgia. We have not had a job in several months, due to the **** economy. My company tries to bid industrial demolition and dismantling jobs where the majority of the money in and for the job comes from the scrap metals on site. We bid on industrial jobs throughout the southeast and east coast. We are currently looking at a steel mill and bidding on cutting up obsolete rail cars for csx.

Wolf

Wolf, I am in the demo business in Atlanta, Georgia. We have not had a job in several months, due to the **** economy. My company tries to bid industrial demolition and dismantling jobs where the majority of the money in and for the job comes from the scrap metals on site. We bid on industrial jobs throughout the southeast and east coast. We are currently looking at a steel mill and bidding on cutting up obsolete rail cars for csx.

Nice, J.T. Glad to see you are keeping up the family tradition. You must have some amazing stories to tell. I hope you do get some demo jobs soon and that the whole economy picks up for all of us.