• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

control valve on bobcat brand equipment

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
how many of you bobcat owners have resealed or payed to have the control valve resealed and how much dit it cost you in northern missouri they charge six hours labor at 85 an hour seal cost for 4 seals detent springs balls and stud 26 dollars labor for 6 hours about 600 dollars they call 6 hours for the job flat rate because the book tells you to pull the control valve out and reseal we do it in the machine takes about 1 to 2 hours to do depending on year and what size machine on most a few actually take 6 hours to do but most times it 1 hour and your done and thanks for 520 dollars for an hours worth of work profit

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm right there with you bobcatmechanic! I have re-sealed a number of Bobcat control valves, especially (the now old) 743's. I've always re-sealed them in the machine because I look at it and say to myself "I ain't about to disconnect all these lines to pull this valve out to re-seal it!" Just too much pain it the...yeah, that part! :D

tackletree

Glad you posted this. I am having problems with my aux hyd in my 7753 melroe bobcat. I need some help troubleshooting. All other hyd functions work fine. problem is that my aux hyd work but not consistantly. I am running a grapple bucket with it. Sometimes it works right away like it should but then there is a delay. I can hear the hissing sound when the aux start to activate so I think it isn't the grapple bucket. At a loss. Pulled the spool to aux, springs look good seleniods are magnetizing but at a costant ( was told that maybe they should pulse). Any help would greatly be appreciated
thanks

TALLRICK

To me this is a routine operation. So many guys have leaky lift spools and accessory ports, Select valves, BICS valves, anything can leak. My advice is to learn about your machine, and if mechanically inclined do it yourself. What I hate is that every machine I have worked on is dirty inside, so I have to spend almost an hour just cleaning up before diagnosing and servicing. As for parts it's often just o-rings and sometimes broken springs. Sometimes solenoids previously overheated and have too little magnetic force and need to be replaced.

Your best bet is to get hold of your machine's manual. Generally I fix the older stuff that few others do, so I have been scanning manuals as I can borrow them and own hard copies for my personal machines.

kwikkat

2004 t190

just wondering how hard it is to reseal control ass. looks like fluid coming out of red or green cap thanks kirk

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
just wondering how hard it is to reseal control ass. looks like fluid coming out of red or green cap thanks kirk

I haven't done one on a T190 yet. But if they're anything like other Bobcat models, its not what you'd call hard if you've done them before. If you haven't, your in for a learning experience. I can't really describe the process, it's been a while since I've done one and I'd miss something, it is a rather detailed method. You can get the seal kit from Bobcat. They don't use o-ring seals on the spools, they use a type of u-cup seal. Bobcat says to "remove the valve" to re-seal. I do it the way bobcatmechanic on this forum does it by re-sealing valve on the machine, I don't want to hassle with removing all the hyd lines. But it's a trick to do it with it still in the machine as well. ;)

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
the older machines f series like the 7753 are bang bang aux hyd systems on or off the newer ones are pwm aux hyd pwm= pulse width modulation meaning in the g series the aux button has 2 positions variable or max variable is the pwm section meaning you can feather the hyd max is the bang bang. so your 7753 has bang bang in it i would suspect a controller problem in your 7753 to reseal the control valves on a wheel machine like lets say 863 pull the linkages off remove the allen screws front and back after cleaning the dirt out of the centers of them rounded out allen screws on them are a mother to get out then remove the fuel fill hose i usually pull the tube lines up or down to get the spools to clear the tube lines remove put new seals on the tilt the lift get 2 springs 4 balls and a stud remove the cap and e clip pull the lower metal piece off carefull of the big spring below replace the stud use a little blue lock tight to keep it there and tight you always replace that because the lift spool is hollow and can leak out of where that stud is then i use a pair of 6 in knipex pliers best pliers out there in my opinion grab great to anything anyways put vasaline in the jaws put 1 ball and pring in the lower hole put the other ball in the jaw of the pliers or channel locks and squeeze it in there put the cup on push down detent spring is in there then put it on the stud with the spring repeat on the upper side carfull when you go to put the spool back in with new seals and dont pull that cap off when you go back together reassemble calibrate acctuators if equiped and off and running on a t190 pull the drive hoses off and anything else in the way same as above

KrissyL13

sorry that i am doing this the wrong but i haven't figured the site out yet and you seem knowledgable... our 873 Bobcat is having a drive isssue the rear left (driver side if you were in a car) wheel doesn't spin. All the other ones are and Papa and i aren't sure what is going on. If you could please help me that would be great!

mrfixitpaul

Sounds like a broken chain for the left rear axle. bobcat has a separate chain to each axle. If you are mechanically inclined and a little brave you can replace it yourself, make sure to check for bearing problems or damaged sprockets when you're in there.

TALLRICK

Usually when a chain breaks like that there is no damage to sprockets, but also check the axle bearings to see if they are the cause of chain failure.